Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Brembo Brakes

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I put DBA greens on my Redline and found the initial bite was not there,the brake pressure modulation was more progressive but retardation needed more pedal effort for the corresponding std pds speed drop,I have a set of Orange ones to fit but due to shortage of pads I only have rears so far,once I have fronts I shall give a test comparison std vs greens vs orange
How was the noise? Were they quiet?

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I have a mate who tracks his VF and uses Intima SR brakes. I can get them cheap. If I get these I'll happily put a review up for anyone who is interested. However still leaning towards DBA combo assuming they're quiet

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
A big plus for DBA greens is no dust and NO noise forward or backwards,they come with grease to wack on the back,as soon as the front oranges come in I shall give them a test to the Gong and back and report,DBA pads are scarce at the moment for some reason.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I bought some t3 4000 rotors. Spares box had a sale. Front pair for 370$ delivered. Just FYI if anyone needs. Still undecided on pads. There list grows. Intima, project mu, qfm, DBA.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Dust and squealy noises I accept as part of performance car motoring.

Clean your rims regularly and let the neighbours hear you have Brembos fitted I say.

I get what you are saying. Just prefer it to be on the lower side of things. Especially noise. Dusting as long as it's better than oem

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Update on the Remsa-s I had fitted. They are about the dustiest pad I've ever used. There is actually a build up of dust inside the rim. The rims were spotless two weeks ago. Now they're black as sin.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Update on the Remsa-s I had fitted. They are about the dustiest pad I've ever used. There is actually a build up of dust inside the rim. The rims were spotless two weeks ago. Now they're black as sin.

Time for Cuda to get to work.

vsM4M7n6yLgpw4q3KgG7XToOGVoR3IJRyM2-UpOyfBMnh2NAshhXtA9thyuOL5arwtvGIo1IAz3nb-edng-W7gKNRIBzCkM

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Yep. I know it ;)

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Just another option - Ferodo DS Performance

I had these fitted to the front of my FG Falcon and was ale to compare them to stock pads and also Bendix Ultimates. They have way better cold bite than either - so much so that just feathering the brakes you can feel them latching on. And within my medium to fairly brisk driving no fade up to the point of getting quite smelly. Quite dusty but not as bad as the Ultimates, and apparently easier on the discs.

I think these are very good if you want a heap of performance and are happy to clean off the dust. Not too expensive either.