Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Brembo Brakes

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I just bought Remsa pads from Brakes Direct. I had them before. They are good pads. $150 front and rear.

Front pads

Rear pads

You can also use DBA 4000 series rotors with this setup. Part numbers for this setup are:

Front discs
DBA42604

Rear discs
DBA42074

Where about in Sydney are you ?

Ps. Bendix ultimate are very dusty and super aggressive on Rotors. I had them and would not recommend them.

You can also try DBA extreme performance pads
0434.30 | Remsa HPT Brake Pads (DB1936) Are these the pads you got? None in stock with brakes direct.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Thanks Ron..

I spoke to Ben there. He has recommended for my use the DBA T2 street series slotted or the Non slotted DBA 4000. They have remsa but also recommends the HP2 forza as well. He gave me a run down on brake rotors and the "Warped" misinformation and how rotors never really warp. However he did say to measure and see if I can get the rotor machined.

Ill have my mechanic look at it. Thanks for your help

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks Ron..

I spoke to Ben there. He has recommended for my use the DBA T2 street series slotted or the Non slotted DBA 4000. They have remsa but also recommends the HP2 forza as well. He gave me a run down on brake rotors and the "Warped" misinformation and how rotors never really warp. However he did say to measure and see if I can get the rotor machined.

Ill have my mechanic look at it. Thanks for your help

No worries. Keep us posted what you do

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Mechanic said 20+ percent. They can be machined as they don't look bad and haven't been done. So in a month or 2 I'll go back to him and we can check again and maybe change than. Price difference between labour + new rotor vs labour + machine isnt much so I may just upgrade to a newer rotor.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
if you were out west i would say vsport, i think race brakes is probably closer to you
but as mentioned brakes direct probably the best/cheapest option if you can either do yourself or find someone on the cheap.

oh and second the dba pad rotor combo

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I went the HPX pads on my Brembos. I put up with a few months of squealing rears until I went out and bought genuine Brembo pads. I wish I just got the Brembos straight up.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I went the HPX pads on my Brembos. I put up with a few months of squealing rears until I went out and bought genuine Brembo pads. I wish I just got the Brembos straight up.

Funny that. People with genuine ones often complain about squal from the rear..

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Funny that. People with genuine ones often complain about squal from the rear..
If they are genuine Brembo pads they are different to the genuine holden pads made by Ferodo for the Redline.

from standard the redline it comes with Ferodo HP1000 pads, these were the ones some people had squeal issues with as they are quite a high performance street pad.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If they are genuine Brembo pads they are different to the genuine holden pads made by Ferodo for the Redline.

from standard the redline it comes with Ferodo HP1000 pads, these were the ones some people had squeal issues with as they are quite a high performance street pad.

Yeah FERODO HP1000 is made for Brembo.
Brembo just puts their name on them :)

The price difference is huge too...but that's not suprising as the compound is different too..