Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Calais alert Remote Left in Car

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks, @Skylarking … :)
You’re welcome Forg :cool:

It’s the easiest thanks I’ve received considering I haven’t made a post in this thread :p:p:p

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
I recently took my key to the beach for a swim . And the ex has kept the other key. Did manage to salvage my key, but battery kept dying every 2 or so days so got a new one at Mr Minit. So they gave me one of their keys - not a Holden one and reprogrammed my key.

Both work fine but when I enter the car with my Mr Minit key I get a warning/alarm that their was a remote left in the car (it wasn't) and then when I get out and close the doors, the horn goes off saying the same thing. This happens 95% of the time. I don't know what's different when it doesn't go off. Been happening now for 4 weeks. Doesn't happen with the original, but same issue with the battery lasting 2 days. And a Holden one was more than twice the price of Mr Minit and I had to wait a month for them to do it. And with no remote I can't drive, fill the car with petrol etc.

The error is "Reminder: Remote Left in Vehicle"

I can turn the alarm off in settings, but even that doesnt always work, plus I don't mind that alarm if I do actually leave it in.

Mr Minit said to unplug the battery and that should solve it. It didn't and they have no further ideas.

Anyone have any ideas how to stop the horn going off? The alert happening?

Thank you.
Good morning,
The other thing I would try is to remove the batteries from your old key fob and see what happens as the car might pick up the signal from all keys .

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I recently took my key to the beach for a swim . And the ex has kept the other key. Did manage to salvage my key, but battery kept dying every 2 or so days so got a new one at Mr Minit. So they gave me one of their keys - not a Holden one and reprogrammed my key.
Did Mr Minit copy an original key you gave them across the store counter, or did they program a new key with software physically connected to the car's OBDII port under the dash?