Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Exhaust set up and tuning for the LS3

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
OK. Just saying if you wanted to improve the torque spread the stock 2.25" would be better. The SV is 2.5" for top end HP.

Interesting
I also have a set of the 2.25 headers and cats
If they were not such a prick to put on I would compare.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Interesting
I also have a set of the 2.25 headers and cats
If they were not such a prick to put on I would compare.
HSV headers a prick to fit... they're the easiest headers to fit!
You don't have to remove the spark plugs, you don't have to disconnect the steering column.
Try fitting some big 1 7/8" 4-1s or Tri Ys, they can be a prick!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VE/VF are the easiest Commodore V8 to fit 4-1's to. Even the long primary 1 7/8's. Try doing a VT-VY with ABS. VZ's are marginally better.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
HSV headers a prick to fit... they're the easiest headers to fit!
You don't have to remove the spark plugs, you don't have to disconnect the steering column.
Try fitting some big 1 7/8" 4-1s or Tri Ys, they can be a prick!

passenger side, yes was not too hard.
I just found the drivers side a bastard. Trying to get to the o2 sensors at the exhaust and 02 plug at the top of the trans did my lid in!
Ended up just blindly removing the 02 plug at the top (total fluke), then removed o2 sensor when exhaut was out.
There is stuff all room to play with at the top of the trans to get to the drivers 02 sensor.
Is there an easy way? I was going to remove my bonnet so i could see it clearer!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes there is. The plug is attached to the trans, undoing it is easy with a screw driver, reach up from underneath and push the clip with the end of the screw driver and it pops off, then you remove the sensor with the manifold and cat out of the car. Putting back in, you hold the sensor plug in two fingers and just push it into the plug on the car. You do it from underneath as well. That's how I do them and find it fairly easy.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Yes there is. The plug is attached to the trans, undoing it is easy with a screw driver, reach up from underneath and push the clip with the end of the screw driver and it pops off, then you remove the sensor with the manifold and cat out of the car. Putting back in, you hold the sensor plug in two fingers and just push it into the plug on the car. You do it from underneath as well. That's how I do them and find it fairly easy.

did not think of that, hence why i work in commercial banking, not a mechanic shop...

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spitfire green MY16 redline Ute with amcat canopy.
Just digging this one up from a search. Has anyone fitted the MSE to a VCM intake as discussed in this thread? Any pictures or how to's? While the over riding opinion is that the sound enhancer is moot once an otr is installed I'm not convinced and much preferred the sound my car made stock than with the VCM and the Maloo exhaust I put on. It's a drony wet fart now, sounds like my mates alloytec VZ with 2.5 inch straight through haha. Wouldn't go back to the stock power however!

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Here you go.
As far as sound though, i can't say i can hear it over the other thing sitting behind it. A bit pointless in re installing it in this case :)

Magnuson.jpg

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
What did you use for the fitting on the otr?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Sorry, not sure as it was all done prior to buying the car.

I'll try take a closer photo of it