Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Exhaust set up and tuning for the LS3

Sumer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF2 Motorsport Edition
Hi guys, just picked up my 2017 commodore motorsport edition. I was thinking of giving it an ECU tuning and maybe some light mods as I want to keep it completely stock. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi guys, just picked up my 2017 commodore motorsport edition. I was thinking of giving it an ECU tuning and maybe some light mods as I want to keep it completely stock. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You want some light mods and a tune but keep it COMPLETELY STOCK....
You lost me at 'hi guys'

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
My local tunning shop told me that they can "tune" the ECU for "better response/smooth/economy" driving. I told them that I think about it after the warranty runs out.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
Love the super charger on that thing and would much rather hear that anyway ;) saying that I can never hear any induction noise or anything with my OTR but love the exhaust noise anyway but yep never noticed any noise from the cold air intake!

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Just bought my SSV Redline yesterday and I was quoted $1,500 for tune and Walkinshaw OTR which still includes the MSE (mechanical sound enhancer). Didn't buy it yet but will
Where at mate?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Where at mate?
Just as a note of caution, don’t think that because the shop or products like OTR has a Walkinshaw badge on it that automatically signifies an agreement by Walkinshaw to warrant the driveline in lieu of replacing the factory tune (which voids your Holden driveline warranty).
Objectively the value of a Walkinshaw brand or sticker on a VCM intake is not worth paying a higher price at all. Most any place will do OTR and tune for that price, maybe full custom tune half a day.
My understanding is the three year conditional insurance premium you pay up front to cover potential issues with the driveline that is void through Holden is only included with a qualified Walkinshaw “power pack”. Not with an OTR and flash tune from a franchisee.
Although the front desk will blissfully let you believe because golden umbrella marketing brand is of course the one and only friendly expert magnanimous warranty god, ask to see the applicable written contract and ask the manager to initial that before you pay more than $1000 for an OTR and flash tune.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
you can get it tuned as is for a bit better performance, and using a efilive autocal can remove tune any time and flash factory tune back in.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
you can get it tuned as is for a bit better performance, and using a efilive autocal can remove tune any time and flash factory tune back in.
What a lot of people with VF don’t realise though is that you can’t return to factory tune without Holden clearly seeing it has voided the driveline warranty.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I loved the factory system however recently have been in contact with not_an_abba fan

I ordered a complete engine back off him that is Hurricane 4 into 1's 1 7/8 primary's tuned length, high flow cats and twin 3 inch manta cat back.. keen to put it on and hear the difference.

l was going to get the W375 pack but at $7k I can get this system, tune and intake for just over 4k