Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Front fender removal (Calais V)

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
To remove front fender:-

Tools:- jack, jack stand, 10mm socket/spanner, 300mm socket extension, T15 Torx driver/bit, long nose pliers, masking tape, rags.
Highly recommended :- Trim removal tools eg http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/SCA-Door-Trim-Remover-Set-5-Piece/282096

Jack up relevant side, support with jack stand, remove wheel.

There is no need to remove front bar. It springs enough to undo bolts holding fender.

Easy job but don't rush it. Better to take a bit longer than to break clips or damage paintwork.

There is a little more to it but only 10 pics per thread allowed. All the fastener locations included.

Happy to answer questions.

Use masking tape, rags, etc, to protect panels/edges from scratching.

1. Protect Edges.jpg

2. Splashguard Front.jpg

3. Splashguard Top.jpg

4. Splashguard Rear.jpg

5. Scuff Plate.JPG

6. Sill.jpg

7. Door Trim.jpg

8. Inner Guard.JPG

9. Windscreen Trim.jpg

10. Engine Bay.jpg

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
WHY?????????

Why what?

edit: Oh, why did I remove the fender?

I could lie to you and say that it was dark and wet at a country motel we stayed at and for some reason they had a star-picket about 2 feet out of the ground which ripped the old fender. So I replaced it.

But to be totally honest, I figure I've been here a while and don't contribute much so I thought I'd pull my car apart bit by bit and do write-ups of how to put it back together. What a great guy!

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Brilliant write up mate ! Thank you

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Why what?

edit: Oh, why did I remove the fender?

I could lie to you and say that it was dark and wet at a country motel we stayed at and for some reason they had a star-picket about 2 feet out of the ground which ripped the old fender. So I replaced it.

But to be totally honest, I figure I've been here a while and don't contribute much so I thought I'd pull my car apart bit by bit and do write-ups of how to put it back together. What a great guy!

Can you do the rear quarter panel now please :)