Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 GTS shock absorbers advice

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
It seems that one of my rear shock absorbers has begun to weep. Car is a VF2 GTS so has the MRC shocks and everything (except tyres obviously) is still original from factory in 2015 - we just hit 91k km. Looking for some guidance;
  1. Any idea of part numbers etc to try and find replacements online (or a recommended vendor)?
  2. Would you suggest replacing all four together, or just the two rears?
  3. Are there ancillary components that ought to be replaced at the same time? controllers, springs or whatever? (It's still running the original brake pads and discs fwiw - should the discs be replaced whilst the suspension is removed?)
  4. Any idea how much I need to budget? I'm hoping to make it to the next service in January.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is this them? ie. did they fit the same valving to GTS's as to US spec SS?

Those are pretty dear (but it would be abnormal if via HSV or Holden was cheaper).

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Dont think the valving would matter, given concept of MRC? Its all in the calibration I would have thought, as the strut is just filled with the special fluid and an electro magnet on the damper shaft

What I would do, is call Holden/HSV and give em the Part number 92269317 and say youre looking for a rear MRC strut and you think its this, that way they should be able to confirm