Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 LS3: Tekno Performance Stage 1 - who has it?

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
OK so I have wanted a V8 since kindergarten. Took me until my 41st birthday but one is finally on the way.

I figure if I will only own 1 V8 in my life it might as well have a nice note. So I am looking at W375 from Walkinshaw or the Tekno Performance Stage 1. Plenty of info and comments here about the W375 but no actual owner reports for the Tekno Stage 1 option. Only comments dissing it by people who don't have it.

Both packs offer an OTR, headers, cats, mufflers etc through a dual 3 inch system and a tune to match.

So.... Does anyone on here have the Tekno Performance Stage 1? If so... Questions:

- Does it sound good with bi-modal open - across the rev range
- Does it drone on the highway or when cruising through town?
- Does the bimodal make much difference (on Tekno's video it seems to change the quality of the sound but not the volume of it...?)

Any actual owner feedback will be appreciated.
To be fitted to a 2016 redline sportwagon (so an auto).

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I have Tekno stage 3 for LS3, but I can answer some of your questions.
I was worried about the exhaust being too loud, but my missus loves it. Bi modal is always turned on in our car. Sounds good, people turn round when you start it. But remember, they aren't open or closed..........just on or off.
If you turn them on, they will open but then close when cruising. But will open again if you request more power, or accelerate.
If they are off..... They are always closed.
No drone when cruising due to them closing.
The bi modal does make a difference but only really when accelerating.
You'll love it.
Think Tekno quote 400Kw for the stage 1.
This will probably be the last V8 I buy........so I went in for a supercharger. Cars won't sound like this for much longer.

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
To clear up a bit of confusion above.

Tekno have the option ( or could be included in the stg1 ) of the varex system. It has 3 or 4 differnt options on how much it is opened. If you have it fully opened then it's loud through the who rev range.
See the vid below, @ 7.18 shows how it's controlled.

[video=youtube_share;f3RfYr1oLp8]http://youtu.be/f3RfYr1oLp8[/video]

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Prior to Xforce sponsoring the tekno V8 supercar team all they really pushed was the Harrop gear.
Now with the sponsorship they seem to be pushing the xforce exhaust on their packs, which is fair enough.
That being said, they still use a lot of gear from Harrop. If you were to turn around and purchase any of their packs I'm sure you could request the Harrop exhaust over the xforce one, something I'd do.
The Harrop system also connects in with the factory bimodal where the xforce system is a stand alone bimodal.
Harrop however have a made an app that gives you full control over their bimodal exhausts.

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
Thanks for all the answers so far. I will give them a call and see if they have the stage 1 on one of their own cars that they can show me. I would definitely prefer Harrop.
Interested to hear of any other experiences as well, cheers

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Nothing wrong with xforce will make same power as the others if not alittle more, I run a full xforce system and sounds awesome. Get positive comments on the note all the time. Xforce have a new 7 series system for VE/VF, I would be looking at that.

bradleybrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANT a VF-II Redline
yeah they are happy to supply the harrop system as an alternative --which works direct through the factory EDI. The varex is just more customisable in terms of volume. I would probably go the varex myself to have that extra degree of control. can't imagine the new system for the vf sounding bad!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Nothing wrong with xforce will make same power as the others if not alittle more, I run a full xforce system and sounds awesome. Get positive comments on the note all the time. Xforce have a new 7 series system for VE/VF, I would be looking at that.

Most of the aftermarket system, regardless of make will all make a similar power. Difference is the note, which is highly personal. I've had lots of issues with Xforce, both on my car and others, which turns me away from them. Their new series of exhaust do look better, at face value anyway. But I've seen some of their mild steel 2.5" systems fitted to cars that have come in at work, not a very nice fit.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Prior to Xforce sponsoring the tekno V8 supercar team all they really pushed was the Harrop gear. The Harrop system also connects in with the factory bimodal where the xforce system is a stand alone bimodal.
Harrop however have a made an app that gives you full control over their bimodal exhausts.

I have the Harrop system on my Tekno pack. Where and how do I get this "app" to control the sound?