Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 LS3: Tekno Performance Stage 1 - who has it?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Here is the system HM make, and it's what was used by Walkinshaw for VE, both 2.5" or 3"

This is the system HM were making for Harrop originally, 2.5" or 3"

This the current system HM are making for Harrop, 2.5" or 3"

Current Walky systems are Defillipo

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Thanks bigjim92, was always under the impression the original Walky exhausts and earlier Harrop exhausts were one in the same.

Going by the last pic it is interesting that HM have somewhat copied Di Filippo's design with the long hotdog mid section.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yeah the latest design is somewhat similar to the Defillipo system in regards to the long hot dogs. However the Harrop system appears to have a decent X pipe, the Defillipo ones aren't much chop.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
If I remember correctly more of a "kiss" or "merge" pipe than an X pipe. I read about the pros and cons of each a while back so have forgotten most of it by now.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Harrop however have a made an app that gives you full control over their bimodal exhausts.

Called Harrop today. Exhaust system needs a wired wi-fi box to use app.
$695.00 for the wifi box or $1050.00 installed.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Called Harrop today. Exhaust system needs a wired wi-fi box to use app.
$695.00 for the wifi box or $1050.00 installed.
****!!!
I've got a mate of mine making a wireless relay for me so I can override the bimodal on mine.

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
That's crazy. A WiFi chip costs $20 retail. Sure it needs a wiring harness but that's an outrage. As long as I can use the factory full-open or full-closed function I'll be good. My car is due to land in three weeks so time for me to start making calls.
Thanks everyone for all the useful info on here so far.

ThunderLizard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 A6
Hi All,

First time posting. Just giving my two cents worth, I have a series 1 Redline Auto, and I got the Stage 1 350 pack from Tekno with a full system 1-3/4" headers with 2.5" exhaust and 3" tail piece (Varex system) in Stainless. At the time I wanted the varex so that the wife could turn off the sound, and we would keep the AFM. However, after talking with Tekno and the Tuner, they both convinced me to turn off the AFM. And to tell you the truth, I'm so glad I did. I was lucky enough to drive the car before the tune and hear the drone the AFM made when it kicked it. But after hearing the real V8 sound, I decided I didn't ever want to have it quiet. I have the Varex open all the time (unless it's late at night or early morning for the neighbours). Even the wife has started driving with the Varex open.

I didn't buy the system for outright power (naturally) but rather a proper V8 sound. I've heard the stock LS3 with bimodal system, and honestly, if my redline had that system on it, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading. It's got enough V8 rumble. As everyone says though, it all comes down to personal preference. The stage 1 system drives really nice, sounds great and has enough go to put a smile on my dial, thats for sure.

The guys at Tekno on the Gold Coast are really great to deal with, and happy to answer any questions. They do a truck load of these systems, so they know what they're talking about.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Gus

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
Thanks Gus. I spoke to them today. I will arrange in the next few weeks to go and see a customer car being done so I can see and hear the results for myself.
I will be driving the VF2 stock before doing it so I will have a good chance to see if I like that too.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yeah I agree with Thunderlizard,
We had bi modal on our VF2 Redline, but had it swapped with the 3" bi modal Harrop system when Tekno did our 530 pack.
I too liked the bi modal so the missus could turn them off. She has only ever turned them off if it's early morning.
They are always open. The bi modals close on the highway when cruising......so no drone.
Speak to Greg at Tekno....he really knows his stuff. Lachlan and the mechanism are all very approachable too.
I know I've taken up tonnes of their time with questions.