Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Manual Redline - Heron White

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
That does look good! That was my main problem with that exhaust... it looks pretty average :confused:
Don't think i have the initiative or patience to get it painted. Still looking forward to hearing this thing when you get it done, and looking forward to this lockdown being over.

Yeah, non polished S/S, same as stock exhaust from Holden/HSV. It was a 3 day turnaround from RaceCoatings for painting of the exhaust. I was initially only going to ceramic coat the headers, but due to the current lockdown as I can't install, I got the rest of the exhaust painted in black.

I too am looking forward to hearing how it sounds. No one has posted a video of this system on a VF2 LS3 yet.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Yeah, non polished S/S, same as stock exhaust from Holden/HSV. It was a 3 day turnaround from RaceCoatings for painting of the exhaust. I was initially only going to ceramic coat the headers, but due to the current lockdown as I can't install, I got the rest of the exhaust painted in black.

I too am looking forward to hearing how it sounds. No one has posted a video of this system on a VF2 LS3 yet.

Not on a VF2 LS3 but they put one on a GTSR.

I guess it has the HSV system on it which seems to be the same as your one but with bigger extractors??
https://xforce.com.au/product/e2-vf83-bim-kit/

Doesn't really sound impressive in the video but maybe its just the way the filmed it?? (hopefully)

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not on a VF2 LS3 but they put one on a GTSR.

I guess it has the HSV system on it which seems to be the same as your one but with bigger extractors??

Doesn't really sound impressive in the video but maybe its just the way the filmed it?? (hopefully)

Yeah I've seen the video. Correct, the HSV LSA variant has bigger headers (1 7/8) and standard HSV bimodal mufflers. Holden's VF2 bimodal mufflers are different to HSVs and in my opinion sound better then the stock HSV mufflers, so keen to get it on and hear how it sounds.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Yeah I've seen the video. Correct, the HSV LSA variant has bigger headers (1 7/8) and standard HSV bimodal mufflers. Holden's VF2 bimodal mufflers are different to HSVs and in my opinion sound better then the stock HSV mufflers, so keen to get it on and hear how it sounds.

I wonder if the HSV system will fit the VFII? Or do the HSV mufflers sit in a different spot to the VFII?
Been wondering if the stock Bimodal mufflers will quieten the sound down too much so maybe the 17/8's would be better.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wonder if the HSV system will fit the VFII? Or do the HSV mufflers sit in a different spot to the VFII?
Been wondering if the stock Bimodal mufflers will quieten the sound down too much so maybe the 17/8's would be better.

It should but check with xforce. I found them really helpful when I was researching their kit for the VF2 commodore.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bought some bling from AliExpress. Fit isn't 100% but its OK. I'm liking black on black stealth. But Red start/stop button is growing on me as point of difference I.e Redline.

Stock
IMG-20200922-WA0015.jpg

Black ring, black start/stop button
Resized_20200922_132804.jpeg

Black ring, Red start/stop button.
Resized_IMG-20200922-WA0011.jpeg

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ooh red start /stop - what do you mean about the fit?

also - link?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Black on black ? I cant see what you mean

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ooh red start /stop - what do you mean about the fit?
also - link?

The outer ring doesn't completely cover the silver, but close enough. The holes for the start/stop button are slightly bigger then the OE ones, so if you look real close you can see that, but when sitting back you can't see. Can't log into my AliExpress account. Or maybe I did guest check out.
I bought a couple of each to experiment.

Screenshot_20200922-160736_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited: