Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Manual Redline - Heron White

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Changing it up next time I need new tyres. MY15 forged staggered Redline rims. Freshly ceramic coated with Geyon Rim coat.

Resized_20210606_140944.jpeg

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Changing it up next time I need new tyres. MY15 forged staggered Redline rims. Freshly ceramic coated with Geyon Rim coat.

View attachment 222987

Look good. I did the same with mine. It seems to help just a little to remove the brake dust too. I put my car up on stands and cleaned underneath as well. I also did the nice red paint on the brembo calipers with ceramic as well. Lots of work but great satisfaction doing it yourself. You have a great thread. Thinking about the red starter button for mine.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Look good. I did the same with mine. It seems to help just a little to remove the brake dust too. I put my car up on stands and cleaned underneath as well. I also did the nice red paint on the brembo calipers with ceramic as well. Lots of work but great satisfaction doing it yourself. You have a great thread. Thinking about the red starter button for mine.

Thanks. I ceramic coated my Brembo‘s when new. 4years later and they still look pretty good. My current rims are also ceramic coated with Geyon Rim coat. Brake dust washes off pretty easily.

Resized_20210502_133630.jpeg

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bored during Lockdown 4 here in Melbourne, so I bought a set of those flashy strut top covers through OPG. Also bought a set of Red Harrop plug wire heat covers (yet go install).

Resized_20210618_124656.jpeg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Bored during Lockdown 4 here in Melbourne, so I bought a set of those flashy strut top covers through OPG. Also bought a set of Red Harrop plug wire heat covers (yet go install).

View attachment 223310

Nice. It will stop them from going brown now :)

Dont buy them for overflow tank, washer bottle and Rad. Cap as the fit is not great...

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice. It will stop them from going brown now :)

Dont buy them for overflow tank, washer bottle and Rad. Cap as the fit is not great...

OK thanks, I was looking at them but was undecided, I won't get them now.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Installed new OE rotors today. Got them pretty cheap else would of went DBAs.

Incase anyone else decides to use OE rotors. Make sure you match the dot/dimple on the new rotors to the black tip wheel stud. I repainted mine as they paint was starting to come off. The dot/dimple on the rotor is the high spot and when lined up with the black tip wheel stud is meant to reduce brake shudder.

Resized_20210904_171937.jpeg

Resized_20210904_171929.jpeg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Installed new OE rotors today. Got them pretty cheap else would of went DBAs.

Incase anyone else decides to use OE rotors. Make sure you match the dot/dimple on the new rotors to the black tip wheel stud. I repainted mine as they paint was starting to come off. The dot/dimple on the rotor is the high spot and when lined up with the black tip wheel stud is meant to reduce brake shudder.

View attachment 226361
View attachment 226363

That's good tip. I was wondering why one of the studs was black. I thought it was overspray or something. Good to know !

Who makes front OE rotors. Brembo ?

What pads did you use ? OEM ?