Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Manual Redline - Heron White

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Interested to see it installed and its results.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Rotofab intake installed. No check engine light. Initial impressions, car feels more responsive. Sound inside the cabin is a little louder. When just idling and revving the car you can hear the intake snarl.. Verry happy with the quality of the product. Was a bit fidly to install. The extra hose (1") required for the sound tube was a bitch. Used 1" unicoils to aid the bends. Thanks to chris for his emails and advise.
Resized_20170715_113012.jpeg

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Rotofab intake installed. No check engine light. Initial impressions, car feels more responsive. Sound inside the cabin is a little louder. When just idling and revving the car you can hear the intake snarl.. Verry happy with the quality of the product. Was a bit fidly to install. The extra hose (1") required for the sound tube was a bitch. Used 1" unicoils to aid the bends. Thanks to chris for his emails and advise.
Do you have anything walkinshaw on the car or did you just buy the walkinshaw engine cover?

Intersting work on the MSE, has it changes it noise being connected at a different spot?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
My mate has VCM OTR on his Redline. Great gear with proven results, but cleaning the filter is a pain in the arse. Wanted something simpler and that also retains the intake sound tube and the Rotofab ticked the box.
Did the same to the VS and VE put pods on.
Have a clean spare.
Change over and drive away while the cleaned one is drying.
About twice a year.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have anything walkinshaw on the car or did you just buy the walkinshaw engine cover?
Intersting work on the MSE, has it changes it noise being connected at a different spot?

Just the engine cover, no other Walkinshaw product. I tried with a hairdryer to remove the stickers but didn't work.
Going to go for a longer drive today but from my initial impression, no, the MSE sounds the same just a little louder. The car definately feels more responsive. Can't wait for the tune to maximise the exhaust and intake changes made.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the same to the VS and VE put pods on.
Have a clean spare.
Change over and drive away while the cleaned one is drying.
About twice a year.

Yeah, I bought a 2nd airfilter too, $36 ($50aud) and will do the same.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just went for a good drive. Car definatley feels and pulls a lot harder, responsive in all gears. Intake noise is deeper and alot louder then the stock setup when at full noise. I'm very happy with the result.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had the SSvR road tuned last week so no dyno number. One day I'll put her up to see what number it pulls. Overall, it drives nicer around town, part throttle is improved and overtaking is more effortless. WOT puts a bigger on my face. It's not a rocket ship (comparing to my previous modded subaru's) but she gets up and boogies now and I'm happier for it. One thing i'll say is the intake noise is very loud inside the car @ WOT :D

Here's another drive by at WOT.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Resized_20170909_131513.jpeg
Resized_20170909_151942.jpeg
Wasn't overally happy with the interior chrome bits on the front dash so swapped them out with gloss black kit. Very happy with the result. Took about an hour as I was taking my time and didn't break any clips.

Attached before and after pics.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is your shifter as shiny as it looks in those pics ?

Looks like a chrome finish, might brighter than the VE satin finish.