Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Motorsport - collectable?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Desirable? Absolutely!! An awesome car, streets ahead of anything Holden or Ford have ever done in Australia. Claimed as the first and probably only ever car to knock off the e39 M5 as the best performance sedan ever made. Collectible?Depends on your definition.
But yes. People have been collecting them already. Some have multiple MSE's. Some have a full set of all 3. Many are stored away for safe keeping, like, well...collectibles. So yes they are desirable, they are collectible and they are great value for money as a drivers sedan. Will they appreciate in value? Entropy and natural attrition will help. But maybe not in my lifetime. Sorry to say but if you bought yours as an investment asset through your self managed superfund, you need a new adviser and you will retire poorer for the decision.
Those who knock them and say they're not good value. Some of you paying only $5-$7k less than I did, for a far lesser Redline. Only to throw $ at upgrades and still be left with a lesser car. Have you ever actually driven one? I mean really driven one? Spirited driving along a twisty mountain pass. Through potholed city streets, onto a free flowing highway, and along rough and bumpy 100kph country back roads. With a surprise around every other bend? No? I have. I've done so in my modded VF Redline which has upgraded brakes and more grunt than my MSE. I've done it in a VF2 Redline, and an LSA Clubby. The MSE was the better than all of them. Far better than my Redline or the VF2. More up to the the task than the Clubby, thanks to that awesome Holden tuned suspension with it's 4 settings. Better to steer too. More comfortable. Better breaking. Better equipped. Better. Simply better.

LSA power is great. Also easily achievable from an LS3. But power becomes meh after a while. Particulaly when the rest of the car is not up to it I.e. Fords Sprint. **** handling, outdated and bland. With a bit more power than a stocker. Yeah great job...
Not until you're lucky enough to drive a limited edition like this, can you comment on the cars value for money with any authority or credence. But you're totally entitled to your opinion, realising of course, that's all it is. Oh, and they're like buttholes.:D;)

The cars future value? Anyones guess. Crystal ball stuff.

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I personally dont think they will become collectables ( more like desireables) but in any case I dont give a damn. It's the best car to leave the bogan city of Elizabeth, and the last. I'm glad I own one. And instead of yellow cars, the Motorsport has taken precendence to the game of Spotto between my wife and I!

SausageFest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSR
Desirable? Absolutely!! An awesome car, streets ahead of anything Holden or Ford have ever done in Australia. Claimed as the first and probably only ever car to knock off the e39 M5 as the best performance sedan ever made. Collectible?Depends on your definition.
But yes. People have been collecting them already. Some have multiple MSE's. Some have a full set of all 3. Many are stored away for safe keeping, like, well...collectibles. So yes they are desirable, they are collectible and they are great value for money as a drivers sedan. Will they appreciate in value? Entropy and natural attrition will help. But maybe not in my lifetime. Sorry to say but if you bought yours as an investment asset through your self managed superfund, you need a new adviser and you will retire poorer for the decision.
Those who knock them and say they're not good value. Some of you paying only $5-$7k less than I did, for a far lesser Redline. Only to throw $ at upgrades and still be left with a lesser car. Have you ever actually driven one? I mean really driven one? Spirited driving along a twisty mountain pass. Through potholed city streets, onto a free flowing highway, and along rough and bumpy 100kph country back roads. With a surprise around every other bend? No? I have. I've done so in my modded VF Redline which has upgraded brakes and more grunt than my MSE. I've done it in a VF2 Redline, and an LSA Clubby. The MSE was the better than all of them. Far better than my Redline or the VF2. More up to the the task than the Clubby, thanks to that awesome Holden tuned suspension with it's 4 settings. Better to steer too. More comfortable. Better breaking. Better equipped. Better. Simply better.

LSA power is great. Also easily achievable from an LS3. But power becomes meh after a while. Particulaly when the rest of the car is not up to it I.e. Fords Sprint. **** handling, outdated and bland. With a bit more power than a stocker. Yeah great job...
Not until you're lucky enough to drive a limited edition like this, can you comment on the cars value for money with any authority or credence. But you're totally entitled to your opinion, realising of course, that's all it is. Oh, and they're like buttholes.:D;)

The cars future value? Anyones guess. Crystal ball stuff.

Better sticker pack too.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Given that the Motorsport is a limited edition and supposedly 'collectable', how come there still quite a few available new vehicles for sale around the place?
Bit like the plastic pig VL and original cobras slow sellers at the time but much lesser build numbers.

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
MRC & Trans cooler do make it stand apart. Pretty much an upgraded US release SS.

Much better suspension package over stock is a bonus. Around the 70-75k mark is reasonable if you are in that market. If I had the means I would definitely be looking at one. Such as this...

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-2017/SSE-AD-4816287/?Cr=11

I think they will appreciate quite well over the journey. Give it ten years and if one pops on the market, it will sell pretty high.

Those units on carsales for $100k are going a tad early IMO. There are still dealer models around the 70k mark. It is one thing to want to sell one for a profit, and another to be a dick about it.

BTW chev in the US are having a 20% off sale at the moment. You can get a new SS for 35-40k US. Serious bang for your buck.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
MRC & Trans cooler do make it stand apart.
Doesn't it have different seats?
In terms of value it goes handling (MRC & Rotors) $7.5-$10k, but the heat exchanger in stock form at least detracts value.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
It's all subjective as we all value things differently. Personally after driving a few MSE's, I value MRC, MSE frt seats, 2pc frt rotors and the puddle/interior lighting as desirable for me. The Sticker pack, 20" wheels and grey Brembo's turned me off.

SausageFest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSR
The first time I’ve ever heard someone say a trans-cool has set a car apart.

You don’t need to tell us whatever you told your mrs to get the approval for the extra spend. As long as you enjoy it.