Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 R8 Pro extreme exhaust. How to quite it down just a tad

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Sure will. Not a straight bolt up unfortunately. Good chance to bust the welder out and have a crack at making my own adaptor / cat pipes. Also have to modify the rear cans inlet as well to get it to fit. Quite a bit of mucking around but my time at home is free. If you were paying someone to marry this together, you would be better to buy the whole Manta system.

20210825_165321.jpg
20210903_140248.jpg
20210902_124208.jpg
20210903_140100.jpg

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Right. Manta centre section has helped but still needs more. With the bi modals open at idle, the boom in the ear drums isn't as bad as before but is still there. The ass of the car is acting like a huge speaker box that seems to concentrate the very low frequency sound waves right at the drivers head rest. 2000rpm and up it purrs wonderfully.

Goodness me, my tastes are really starting to stink of 'old man'. Ordered a pair of stock HSV mufflers...

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I've got carpet underlay, the high density industrial foam type under my bòot mat, cost me about $15

Or Dynamat or similar on the floor and sides of the boot works well, bit more expense and permanent than laying in foam

A little extra weight but if it ain't a race car I would try that

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea pack the boot sections behind the molded sides with roof insulation and rear deck, and floor as mentioned, mine was boomy then close all doors/windows and it went from exhaust note to mainly the blower whine sound

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok fellas, cheers. I've got a few sheets of car builders sound deadener (aka dyna mat) left over from the Falcon so I'll put that in a few spots down the back to try and take the reverb out of the panels. Probably the main offender is the stupid plastic inlay that covers the whole non-existent spare wheel cavity.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Nice welding.

What headers are they?

The stainless Manta tends to be louder than mild steel as well.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey, thanks. Cheated and pulsed it. You might be able to tell me a bit more about the headers... Kit is sold as the Harrop Pro Extreme. Thinking HM headers or copy of?????

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally for to put everything back together after the rear end went back in yesterday. The Manta system really does fit a treat.

So, did it get quieter?

No lol. It got louder, But it does sound heap better. Way more rumble. And no drone thanks to the j-pipes in front of the rear mufflers. I tried running with the bi-modals open full time yesterday but it's just way to loud. The cops will be all over me.

20211122_162047.jpg

danny gtsvf2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS SERIES 2
Finally for to put everything back together after the rear end went back in yesterday. The Manta system really does fit a treat.

So, did it get quieter?

No lol. It got louder, But it does sound heap better. Way more rumble. And no drone thanks to the j-pipes in front of the rear mufflers. I tried running with the bi-modals open full time yesterday but it's just way to loud. The cops will be all over me.

View attachment 229876
Hey mate so you now have the full manta system or still the harrop extractors and mufflers? thanks

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate so you now have the full manta system or still the harrop extractors and mufflers? thanks

Still harrop headers and harrop bi-modal mufflers. Pretty sure Harrop is DPE.