Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 R8 Pro extreme exhaust. How to quite it down just a tad

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Hi all, recently picked up a R8 LSA. Has the harrop pro extreme exhaust on it. I'd like to knock a bit of the sound that comes into the cabin when I'm cruising around. It has the bi modals fitted and are working fine.
On the centre section of the exhaust there are 2 very slim silencers, what's your thoughts on getting an exhaust shop to cut them out and fit a larger twin in / out steel wool packed perf tube can? Kinda similar to the manta setup.
Thoughts or experiences?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Hi all, recently picked up a R8 LSA. Has the harrop pro extreme exhaust on it. I'd like to knock a bit of the sound that comes into the cabin when I'm cruising around. It has the bi modals fitted and are working fine.
On the centre section of the exhaust there are 2 very slim silencers, what's your thoughts on getting an exhaust shop to cut them out and fit a larger twin in / out steel wool packed perf tube can? Kinda similar to the manta setup.
Thoughts or experiences?
I thought the pro extreme exhaust was identical to the Manta/dpe one? Don't they have the two super long hot dogs down the middle? You may even want to speak to Harrop and see if they have a different centre section you can swap out?

harrop-pro-extreme-series-hsv-gen-f-bi-modal-faf-automotive-484952_2000x.jpg

Holden-VF-HSV-GTS-Dual-2.5-Inch-.png

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's the same as the harrop photo you put up. Has the longer x pipe. Good idea to ring harrop. Would make it an easy job if it's just a bolt on swap. Thanks

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
It's the same as the harrop photo you put up. Has the longer x pipe. Good idea to ring harrop. Would make it an easy job if it's just a bolt on swap. Thanks
Maybe even by running smaller 2.5 inch rear mufflers?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the rear mufflers make barely any changes to power output from aftermarket to factory so if u need less noise u can fit factory mufflers back on if they match up and it will quieten in down with no power loss, still makes noise when WOT just cruise is quiet

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Cats make a huge difference to sound/noise levels.
Put some euro cats on it.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just wanted to update the thread. Got the car back yesterday from the exhaust shop. Centre resonators were removed and a straight through twin in/out muffler was put in their place. Barely enough clearance. Much quieter in the cabin now, and no more drone!!! Still loud as f@xk when you give it some. Very happy. Best of both worlds now.
(Twin muffler shown is not the actual muffler used, but it's very close, you get the idea)

Screenshot_20200205-091950_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
SmartSelect_20200205-091618_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if you are still unhappy marriage savers or j-pipes will pretty much eliminate anything that's still there.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, done j pipes in the past on a dirty Falcon V8, they worked a treat. And in this case, I'm happy.
A1 Exhausts in Warragul, Steve is the man to do a good job.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
if you are still unhappy marriage savers or j-pipes will pretty much eliminate anything that's still there.

What are marriage savers?