Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline - New Wheels

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Want to get some Koya SF11's but want to make sure I get the sizes and offsets right. I've been reading lots of posts here, and have come up with some numbers that I think will work for my car. Just hoping some of you could confirm these will be ok before I order the wheels.

So my car is a VF2 Redline, obviously with the Brembo brakes (not sure if that makes a difference)
Car is lowered about 25mm with Walkinshaw springs
Guards are not rolled, nor do I want to roll them :)
On at least 2 occasions per year (family camping trip), the car tows a small 6x4 box trailer.

So this is what I came up with, do you think they'll be fine in regards to no scrubbing?

Front: 20 x 9, ET35, 255/35 tyres
Rear: 2 x 10, ET50, 285/30 tyres

Open to other suggestions if these won't work. Thanks for your help.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
*Google* *Google*
Ooh, very sexy on a VF!!

They've got a shedload of photos on the page of their site for these bad boys … why don't you email them & see what they say? You could ask the offsets for the cars that've been photographed.

PS. I'd up the diameter of the rears, could have you using a lot of fuel on highways … just sayin'. :D

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
So this is what I came up with, do you think they'll be fine in regards to no scrubbing?

Front: 20 x 9, ET35, 255/35 tyres
Rear: 2 x 10, ET50, 285/30 tyres

Open to other suggestions if these won't work. Thanks for your help.

I'd downside the front to make it Perfect.

245/35 overall diameter 680mm
285/30 overall diameter 679mm

255 overall diameter is 687

I've used the 255/35 and 285/30 combo plenty of times and it works well but you can just notice the front is a little larger than the rear.

Last edited:

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
*Google* *Google*
Ooh, very sexy on a VF!!

They've got a shedload of photos on the page of their site for these bad boys … why don't you email them & see what they say? You could ask the offsets for the cars that've been photographed.

PS. I'd up the diameter of the rears, could have you using a lot of fuel on highways … just sayin'. :D

Yeah, I have emailed them, but have not heard back. I've had a look at the pics on their website, but they don't give details as to whether guards are rolled or not, although in some pics they clearly are. Also after some personal experience, as pics won't necessarily tell me if the wheel scrubs on a decent compression :). Previous experience with wheel suppliers has been that what they tell you in regards to offsets and sizes, doesn't always pan out in reality. Hence why I'm after some real life experience from people on this forum :).

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yeah, I have emailed them, but have not heard back. I've had a look at the pics on their website, but they don't give details as to whether guards are rolled or not, although in some pics they clearly are. Also after some personal experience, as pics won't necessarily tell me if the wheel scrubs on a decent compression :). Previous experience with wheel suppliers has been that what they tell you in regards to offsets and sizes, doesn't always pan out in reality. Hence why I'm after some real life experience from people on this forum :).

I've used the 285/30 tyre on a 20x10 +50et rim on a lowered VE Ute without the guards rolled and it didn't scrape when the rear was loaded.

Unless you have excessive weight in the rear you should be okay but as Forg said ask the seller and when you purchased them buy on the condition they don't scrape.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
As said sounds fine assuming its not a ute for family camping trips I doubt you could load up the rear enough to scrub as your not that low.

Whereas when I have my ute loaded up with all tools its probably close to 600kg payload and hence rear sag. Ive had people ask if its lowered before without everything in it.