Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Ute

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Not a fan of VF but that looks so incredibly good!! :p

Great wheel choice mate :thumbsup:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
looks great in that colour, i never rated it before

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twins

31F2057F-C09D-4A67-B0CC-B76D34D23B75_zpsjci6o5xh.jpg

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Looking good!!!!
What exhaust set up do you have for it?

The exhaust came from Castle Hill Exhaust in Sydney.

It’s a 3 inch S/S system with 1 7/8 4 into 1’s and 100 CPI cats.

I stripped it off my last Ute when I returned it back to stock for sale.

It was in good condition so I gave the pipes a polish and sent the headers which were Bright Ceramic coated and had them redone in Titanium Ceramic.

This is a photo of it on my last Ute.

IMG_3785.jpg

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Great looking car and nice mods. Looks amazing, have you done an Opticoat or something similar?

The car hasn’t been detailed in any of the above photos.

Even though I have tried it I’m not much into Opticoat as I prefer the luscious depth of Carnauba over the glassy look of polymers and ceramics.

During this week I’ll mask the car up and machine polish it with Menzerna and give it 2 or 3 coats of Dodo Supernatural Wax.

I’ve already put a light over it and it doesn’t need a correction just some minor swirls and marks removed.

It’ll take a day to wash and clay, dry and polish and a couple more days while I layer the wax.

I’ve already spent 4 days applying 4 coats of Opti-seal to the rims, brake callipers and hubs plus 4 coats of Nanolex to the rear inner wheel guards and under the side skirts and 4 coats of Scotch Gard to the felt like material in the front wheel wells.

After I’ve finished working on the paint I’ll detail the interior and polish the glass and seal it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Your car looks fantastic and I used it along with waynebatt’s wagon and SUP3RST4R_DJ’s Ute as the inspiration for mine.

I’d done a red Ute with silver rims before and liked the look so I ordered the rims a couple of months before the Ute was due to arrive and crossed my fingers and I’m glad to say I’m happy with the result.

Your car is 10mm lower in the front and 25mm lower in the rear than mine as we dialled the coilovers in with another set of rims fitted with 255 front and 295 rear tyres as I wanted to see how it would look with very fat rubber.

Now that I’ve changed to the new rims with 245 front and 275 rears, I may lower it down more but I’ll wait until the exhaust is fitted as I don’t want to keep going up and down with it.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Honestly the height looks spot on for a ute. It's still a 'work' vehicle at heart so a little gap is understandable.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Honestly the height looks spot on for a ute. It's still a 'work' vehicle at heart so a little gap is understandable.

I agree there is nothing wrong with the ride height and there is every chance I may leave it as is.

If you place your hand under the guard or have a close look you’ll see the outer diameter of the tyres are in line with the guard lips, so if it has wider tyres fitted they would actually be flush up against each other.

Still I do prefer the height of villn808’s car as the stretched look gives the appearance there is a gap and he has hidden that by getting a little bit lower onto the tyre.

So far no-one has said to me it needs to be lower and when I mention it they usually say why, it looks good as it is?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea it looks great as is mate. My standard exhaust scrapes at the cats on some speed bumps now, so I would say when you put your headers on you could have an issue if any lower.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Looks really good. Colour, rims, ride height - spot on. Sounds like you're really looking after it.