Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Ute

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Awesome ute mate! i had a series one Sv6 in the same colour. This makes me want todo another!

This is an old post I somehow missed, so a belated thanks mate.

I checked out some of your cars, I like your work.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’m having some paintwork repaired on the Ute and currently have the stripe kit removed.

Now I need to decide if I should put them back or leave it as is.

RL 1a.jpg

RL 1b.JPG

RL 2a.JPG

RL 2b.JPG

RL 3a.JPG

RL 3b.JPG

RL 4a.JPG

RL 4b.JPG

RL 5a.JPG

RL 5b.JPG

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Leave as is.....looks much cleaner.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Leave as is.....looks much cleaner.

I agree it does look cleaner but the stripes do make it stand out from the crowd or at lease around where I live as most of the VF's here don't have them.

It's back in the spray booth again today so I have about a week or so to consider which way I'll go while we wait for the paint to go off before reapplying the stickers.

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
Do you mind if I ask what has been the issue with your paintwork? Just curious as I have the same colour and have been disappointed with the paint, it already has a couple of stone chips on the bonnet with under 1000k on it and I'm really careful with where I drive it and not tailgating.....

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I prefer how it looks without the stripes. But it's not about what other people think, what do you like?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Do you mind if I ask what has been the issue with your paintwork? Just curious as I have the same colour and have been disappointed with the paint, it already has a couple of stone chips on the bonnet with under 1000k on it and I'm really careful with where I drive it and not tailgating.....

Stone chips mate, that’s the problem.

I’ve owned a lot of cars and never seen anything like it and for someone who grew up in the far north/west of NSW where gravel roads are the norm that’s saying something.

I never tailgate as I have too much respect for my cars and it’s never been off a sealed road and yet in the first week of owning it I had a number of chips on the bonnet and along the driver’s side.

All I can put it down to is soft paint.

I’ve had it for about 10 months and it now has about 4000k on it and it appears that the chipping has stopped and hence the reason I’m having it resprayed.

In addition to the guard rolling I had done to the rear when I bought it, I’m now also having the rears massaged a little to allow a bit more serious rubber to be fitted and that is part of the respray as well.

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
Stone chips mate, that’s the problem.

I’ve owned a lot of cars and never seen anything like it and for someone who grew up in the far north/west of NSW where gravel roads are the norm that’s saying something.

I never tailgate as I have too much respect for my cars and it’s never been off a sealed road and yet in the first week of owning it I had a number of chips on the bonnet and along the driver’s side.

All I can put it down to is soft paint.

I’ve had it for about 10 months and it now has about 4000k on it and it appears that the chipping has stopped and hence the reason I’m having it resprayed.

In addition to the guard rolling I had done to the rear when I bought it, I’m now also having the rears massaged a little to allow a bit more serious rubber to be fitted and that is part of the respray as well.

So will it be a complete respray? I'm thinking that I may have to go down the same path, eventually.....

Serious rubber... what size are you going? Looking forward to seeing this!

wb-vf2

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb one tonner - vf2 ssv redline ute
Power mods will be minor as I intend to keep it reasonably stock – an exhaust, OTRCAI & tune is all.

A couple of months ago I had the 4 into 1’s Titanium Ceramic coated ready for installation – the rest of the exhaust is hanging on the wall in the shed waiting for me to find the time to fit it.

I added a Bee Sting Antenna

I removed the Holden badge from the tailgate to smooth out the look

How did that go... was it easy as i have been thinking of doing it. .

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
So will it be a complete respray? I'm thinking that I may have to go down the same path, eventually.....

Serious rubber... what size are you going? Looking forward to seeing this!

I mean a bit more serious than what I can fit now which is 275’s not something with a massive width.

With the 10.5 inch rear rims having a flush offset I want to get away from the stretched look and fatten the tyres up so I intend to fit 285 or 295's.

I also want to keep the car low and even though I believe I can already fit the 285’s, just so it all works well without scrubbing I’m have the rear panels massaged just enough to ensure they clear.

The work will be so minor you won’t even notice as I want to keep the body looking stock.

I'll be fitting 255's to the front.

As far as the stone chips are concerned that has been done, they were on the bonnet and driver’s side and it didn’t require a full respray to fix.

As I’ve decided to massage the rears I also decided to go bit further and add some more paint over the car and have it blocked down to remove the orange peel then it’ll be flow coated to give something closer to a smooth deeper shinier show car finish.

It’s just an off the cuff decision I made to improve the look of the car or at least in my opinion it’ll improve the look.

That’s scheduled for early March.