Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline Ute

SuperHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Ute
hey guys,

finally back in a Holden, picked up a nitrate silver '17 Redline ute at the end of June.

so far i have only put 1400km on it and changed the stupid long aerial to a short one and fitted a fire extinguisher to the passenger seat rails. and pulled the bi-modal relay out.
o9ArxTc.jpg

o9ArxTc

20614560_10159036361885577_472124462_n.jpg

photo outside the local hillclimb track, keen to get out there.
20504067_10159023234480577_1638368209_n.jpg

extinguisher mount was made by "the bracketeer" and only fitted as required for a track day at winton coming up.

m28zGAU.jpg

Ute is currently back at Holden sorting a check engine light out, code that came out was P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor A "Intermittent / Erratic / High" not sure why it came up as i haven't even been doing silly things in it yet.

long term plan is possibly cam / exhaust, and some suspension changes. really depends how it goes on the track i think.

bit nicer than my old VS ute i had!

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I like the extinguisher bracket!

SuperHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Ute
yeah i was pretty happy to find a bracket that didnt need drilling holes through the trim, it does effect the range of movement for the passenger seat though. probably only have it on there for track events that need it. the extinguisher rattles a little driving me nuts!

Holden think that the P0503 code occured because of a large difference between front and gbox output speed. actually find that odd as most guys that have taken theirs to the drags have not reported anything like that and i have definitely not done anything as bad as the burnouts they do before staging.

weird.

SuperHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Ute
got some new boots on the way before the track day, Federal 595 RS-RR.

Not an all out track tyre but should be better than the RE050's.
$_20.JPG

Have also changed the brake fluid to Castrol SRF, rest of the system will probably stay stock and see how it goes.

SuperHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Ute
tyres are on.

possibly the most noisy car tyres i have experienced so far.