Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline vs VF1 SSV stock exhaust differences question

texicat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 1 SSV
Hi All,

I have a very quiet VF1 SSV so I purchased a low mileage VF2 Redline exhaust and fitted the mufflers to get a better sound.
We all know about the bimodal mufflers and they have improved the sound nicely for my taste but I have a question regarding the centre section of exhaust that came with the purchase.
It seems the Redline exhaust has a different setup after the first resonator ....the VF1 setup has two hotdogs but VF2 has another smaller resonator thingy.
Is this a Redline thing?, a VF2? thing and will it change the sound of exhaust more?...anyone know???
Please refer to the pictures for what I am asking about.

Regards
Jason

Attachments

• VF1 SSV.jpg
    VF1 SSV.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 626
  • VF2 Redline.jpg
    VF2 Redline.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 712

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It looks like a heat shield over the hot dogs.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Correct me if I'm wrong but all the vf1 v8 have the same exhaust as do all the vf2.

I doubt the sound will be different other than the rear bimodal mufflers.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
stock VF1 exhaust is terrible, mine went straight into the exhaust shops skip. the 2 gets the baillie tip and bi-modals there's also some under bonnet resonator thing too.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
I also went the bimodal mufflers on a VF 1, the rest of the VF 2 system went in the skip alongside of the VF 1. You now need to finish the job with something like this.
20201015_163540.jpg
Few hours in the shed and done. Makes some noise now

texicat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 1 SSV
So you ended up full XForce then?....I didnt see an option to buy exhaust centre without mufflers.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Yeah full xforce to factory bimodals, 1 7/8 headers then 3 inch. Wasn't sure on the sound at first (i'm old) but it has grown on me. Plus it has picked up some power, have deleted dod and slipped in a bigger cam previously

.https://xforce.com.au/blog/holden-bi-modal/
@crew chief

So you installed the HSV version with the 1 7/8 headers? https://xforce.com.au/product/e2-vf83-bim-kit/

Any chance of a video? @3rspecB bought the 1 3/4 extractors system months ago and I've been waiting to hear what it sounds like, I'm also thinking of going down this path of using this system and keeping the Bi modals

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I also went the bimodal mufflers on a VF 1, the rest of the VF 2 system went in the skip alongside of the VF 1. You now need to finish the job with something like this.
View attachment 215361
Few hours in the shed and done. Makes some noise now

Is that the 1 3/4
@crew chief
So you installed the HSV version with the 1 7/8 headers? https://xforce.com.au/product/e2-vf83-bim-kit/
Any chance of a video? @3rspecB bought the 1 3/4 extractors system months ago and I've been waiting to hear what it sounds like, I'm also thinking of going down this path of using this system and keeping the Bi modals

Hopefully in the next week or so. As soon as Dictator Dan allows a visitor, it will be put on. But yeah, would love to hear what the 1 7/8 version sounds like.