Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline vs VF1 SSV stock exhaust differences question

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Louder inside than I expected but only when on acceleration, once cruising almost no noise at all. Zero drone so far but need to do a long hills run to test this. Is good in manual mode backing down the gears............

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Louder inside than I expected but only when on acceleration, once cruising almost no noise at all. Zero drone so far but need to do a long hills run to test this. Is good in manual mode backing down the gears............

That's what I want to hear ;)

SP112233

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais and VF Redline
Personally I think the VF1 stock exhaust in the manuals sound great. The rear mufflers are different to the autos due to not having AFM, and it definitely isn't quiet. Has anyone else noticed this about the different exhaust types in manual vs auto in the VF1 ?

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Personally I think the VF1 stock exhaust in the manuals sound great. The rear mufflers are different to the autos due to not having AFM, and it definitely isn't quiet. Has anyone else noticed this about the different exhaust types in manual vs auto in the VF1 ?
they sound better than AFM but anything does.

Although I haven't heard them on a car with extractors.

On a standard SS they seem to sound ok under 3.5k rpm but above that still very muffled on this clip

The VF2 bi modals are king of the factory HSV/Holden rear muffler brigade.

This is due to the Baillie tips, as well as being essentially a straight through muffler.