Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Redline vs VF1 SSV stock exhaust differences question

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Yeah went the HSV version with the larger headers, anyone doing this at home it was a bugger to get the drivers side in without having the car high enough. Another tip for anybody installing on a VF1 is you will need earlier O2 sensor extensions as it comes with LS3 style.
I'm no videographer so this is just a quick test, didn't play with the bimodals in the vid but they do make it quiet enough to not frighten small children and the elderly.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Yeah went the HSV version with the larger headers, anyone doing this at home it was a bugger to get the drivers side in without having the car high enough. Another tip for anybody installing on a VF1 is you will need earlier O2 sensor extensions as it comes with LS3 style.
I'm no videographer so this is just a quick test, didn't play with the bimodals in the vid but they do make it quiet enough to not frighten small children and the elderly.

Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Lex

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

With the 100cel cats, did u get a check engine light?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
What can i expect when a brand new full exhaust carbons up guys?
Does it become deeper, louder, more aggressive, quieter, etc?
I have a full Difilippo exhaust of 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5” catback with bimodals welded back in.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
What can i expect when a brand new full exhaust carbons up guys?
Does it become deeper, louder, more aggressive, quieter, etc?
I have a full Difilippo exhaust of 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5” catback with bimodals welded back in.
Will become deeper, which in turn sounds more aggressive and typically louder

XNVSX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline Ute
Yes, there is a difference with the exhaust in the SSV and Redline. Your VF1 is probably a SSV and the VF2 is from a Redline.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Sounds a lot deeper. How's the noise inside? Any drone at all?

And thanks for the video Crew Chief ;)