Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 redline wagon boot light not working?

Emilio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 ssv redline sportswagon
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone out there would understand the wiring in these wagons, im not getting any power going to rear light, dealer had a look but wanted more time and $155 an hour, i really think they did know where to look so i gave them the flick. What i dont remember is when you open the boot does all interior lights turn on including boot light or just boot light!

Last edited:

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Just checked on my s1 wagon,when the boot/tailgate is opened the interior roof lights come on only if they are set to come on when the car is unlocked/drivers door opened.
Otherwise its just the boot light on the drivers side that lights up when the tailgate is opened.
Im assuming the fuse has been checked if there is one?

Emilio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah all checked fuses even holden dealer were at it for an hour till they realised it was going to test their skills and told me if they keep going it will be $155 an hour, thanks for the info much appreciated.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
No probs.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Globe blown?
Remove the fuse. Take out the light and see if it’s plugged in properly.

If yes, replace fuse and use a test light (cheap from car parts shop) to see if you have current.
If no, then see if the fuse has current.

A multimeter is a better tool to use.

The other thing it could be is the contact switch in the boot lock, which, if like the sedan, is part of the lock and triggers the light to come on.

Remove the boot lid trim and check it out. Give it a clean etc. might come good. If not, off to the wreckers.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Maybe it is the lock on the tailgate which would act as the switch for the lamp. There is no switch anywhere else within the tailgate like in the previous generation VT-VZ.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I had a new VP Berlina wagon back in the day. The interior lights only came on when the tailgate was part way opened. They didn't come on as soon as it was unlatched. I assumed from this that there might be a mercury switch or similar to detect when it was opened. Could this happen with the VF normally?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. The switch is operated as part of the lock assembly.

Emilio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even you open drivers door it used to turn on with rest of the interior lights so I would think that it wouldnt be the tail gate lock assembly, first thing i done was checked with multi meter and found no life??