Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 S2 Redline wheels - 2 versions?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Which one? HSV had a variety of different rims over the Gen-F’s lifespan.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
If my memory serves me correct Holden’s supplier ran out of stock for Redline wheels for an amount of time when the series 2 was released. (Added to the wait time of around 10-12 weeks)

Wheels were brought into the country from the US as an alternative supplier to keep production rolling?

Not confirmed but I remember reading about this. Would explain your stamped set having the USA on them where as others came from a different supplier.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Which one? HSV had a variety of different rims over the Gen-F’s lifespan.

Thats what I mean any of them just to get an idea of weights. Looking at 20" rapier or gts which are 8.5",9.5" stag. Also Rimfire or gtsr 9",10"stag?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If my memory serves me correct Holden’s supplier ran out of stock for Redline wheels for an amount of time when the series 2 was released. (Added to the wait time of around 10-12 weeks)

Wheels were brought into the country from the US as an alternative supplier to keep production rolling?

Not confirmed but I remember reading about this. Would explain your stamped set having the USA on them where as others came from a different supplier.
If this were true, and the source of OP’s wheels, it would mean that a random batch at the start of VF2 were still delivered with the forged alloys.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

Can you share that link ? I was part of Holden Engineering VE to VF and VF2 always had cast wheels from release. The forged wheels in question were released on MY15 VF1 and then canned by the bean counters for the cast wheels for VF2.
The assembly plant did run out of MY14 VF1 Redline rims and needed to airfreight a shitload as demand of Redlines exceeded the qty of wheels that were on sea freight.

MY15 VF1 Redline with forged rims.
hold9g9s.jpg

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Do SSVR 19" clear hsv big brakes

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Thats what I mean any of them just to get an idea of weights. Looking at 20" rapier

Just weighed a spare rapier. 10.52kgs. But that's only on bathroom scales..

Edit - that was a rear 9.5

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
If anyone wants a set of MY17 redline wheels and tyres, PM me as I have a spare set. They have only done 23,000km and in very good condition. Melbourne only.