Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 S2 Redline wheels - 2 versions?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Anyone got a front one they can lend me? :)

I'm trying to work out how to get both front wheels repaired by a proper wheel repair place (mobile jobs were great & cheap for 6 months but the finish just didn't last - good for a quick sale IMHO) while still being able to drive the car … hmmm wonder if any rental places still have VF's, I could report the spare nicked as soon as I pick the car up … :D

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

I'm trying to work out how to get both front wheels repaired by a proper wheel repair place (mobile jobs were great & cheap for 6 months but the finish just didn't last - good for a quick sale IMHO) while still being able to drive the car … hmmm wonder if any rental places still have VF's, I could report the spare nicked as soon as I pick the car up … :D

Cheeky Bastard! Bad luck if they came out and went over the car before they gave it to you.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Yeah, it wouldn't really ever work :), 'cos it has to be fronts & I doubt a SV6 wheel would fit over the Brembos … ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Quite often these wheel repair places will provide you with a loan rim(s) while they have yours.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
so do the forged VF 19" wheels come in a staggered configuration?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
They were originally staggered on SSVR, and I’ve just found a photo of an MY15 SSV & don’t know why I thought they had 4 SSVR ‘front’ wheels. You could option 4 of the SSVR ‘front’ wheels though.
The new sets of four may not still be available in the SSV non-staggered configuration.

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

Yes, but one could buy 4 x 19x8.5s (fronts) if they don't want a staggered setup. But from memory, the excess stocks were sold as staggered sets to select dealers and select wheel places, so would be up to them if they want to sell staggered or non staggered.
The part no's for the MY15 Forged VF1 (vf2 look a likes) Redline black staggered wheels are:

92267588 (19x8.5)
92267589 (19x9)

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I didn’t think it was allowed, according to mod rules, to reduce wheel width from that which was originally installed by the manufacturer and specified on the tyre placard.

So if you have split wheels, are you’re stuck with split wheels?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought it was the case that any wheels available for your make/model were legal.

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Forg, I've got a front rim you can borrow if you need it. From a spare set I picked up a few weeks ago.