Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 S2 Redline wheels - 2 versions?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks for the offer 308hjute! I'll PM you here or on PF when the time comes a bit closer, I prefer to do this sort of stuff when the better half's OS 'cos she uses the car daily & it's just easier that way (plus I need to fix the coil-pack bracket on the Volvo in order to have a 2nd car). I might PM 31gun (unsure where he works but suspect Barrel Bros) first though, if what was said above about them lending a set of wheels while mine are being fixed is true, that might be a little easier (just because drive there, swap, drive back, rinse-repeat rather than … well, y'know coming into the city to meet you at lunch time & you've had to lug a wheel into work on the train etc etc :D).

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
No worries. Yep, 31gun is Barrel Bros.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I thought it was the case that any wheels available for your make/model were legal.
I’ve been told by idiots at the rego department that I can’t reduce the width of my rears as there is the only rim size that came with my specific model o_O Seems the bod I talked to took a very narrow view of the term “model” as meaning that Motorsport is different from SSV :mad:

Mind you their answers don’t fill me with confidence as you ask two people the same question and get three different replies as one changes his mind along the way; bureaucrats :oops:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
took a very narrow view of the term “model” as meaning that Motorsport is different from SSV

Well, there are plenty of comments on here that talk about how different /much better an LE is.

I can't think of too may LE owners being happy with their car being put in the same bucket as an SSV so they're just reflecting the will of the people.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Well, there are plenty of comments on here that talk about how different /much better an LE is.

I can't think of too may LE owners being happy with their car being put in the same bucket as an SSV so they're just reflecting the will of the people.

Plenty of HSV owners are the same, they don't want their cars in the same boat as an LE, Redline, or SSV, some don't even like to be referred to as Commodores.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Plenty of HSV owners are the same, they don't want their cars in the same boat as an LE, Redline, or SSV, some don't even like to be referred to as Commodores.

The worst thing we can do in this post- Australian manufacturing era, is to make it pi$$ing contest amongst ourselves in relation to who has the best car.

The VF, in all it's guises, is an outstanding vehicle. I've driven past many an SS, SSV, SSVR, LE etc in my HSV and nearly given myself neck strain looking back at them in admiration. They are all commodores, whether badged as such, or just based on one. The minute we start getting away from that, is the point where we lose sight of why we bought our cars in the first place.

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
The worst thing we can do is to make it pissing contest to who has the best commo.

Lol I see the hsv commo is not a commo argument at least once a week on Facebook

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Lol I see the hsv commo is not a commo argument at least once a week on Facebook

I'm not on Facebook for many reasons, and this is just one of them. HSV cars are commodores at heart, albeit with many different mechanical/performance components.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Why not have both?:D

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I'm not on Facebook for many reasons, and this is just one of them. HSV cars are commodores at heart, albeit with many different mechanical/performance components.
I've only just started using it again after 10 years because of its popularity in Australia. No friends, only car groups and marketplace. Heaps of info and different setups to forums but have to wade through the mud before the clear sea.