Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS owners - have you had any major mechanical or electrical faults since new?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The above seat seems to be in a lot of GM Vehicles around the 2013 era.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
its listed as gm92288511 - frame asm-f/seat cush
$1406 fitted

which yep, looks like the 8 way on holmart you mentioned
That Holmart part… I’d have thought the arms that support the seat back would be parallel or both angled inwards a little. It looks like one is angled inwards while the other is angled outwards so something looks bent in those seat pictures :eek:

Maybe why thats why the Holmart part is $500 as compared to what the dealer charged. Maybe the Holmart part can be straightened using a hammer so it’s not any issue… Who knows…

All irrelevant as your car is fixed but thought I’d just mention it as see if anyone else sees the base as bent…

Yond

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Calais V Sportwagon LS3
MY17 Calais V LS3 with ongoing engine shaking problem. Much time wasted with two dealerships and Holden. Engine mounts, harmonic balancer, rocker cover gaskets replaced around 38,000km. Engine failed and apparently seized at 54,000km. Also had intermittent high fuel consumption issues which had resolved in time for the engine to fail.

I have nothing but contempt for this POS and its manufacturer.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
MY17 Calais V LS3 with ongoing engine shaking problem. Much time wasted with two dealerships and Holden. Engine mounts, harmonic balancer, rocker cover gaskets replaced around 38,000km. Engine failed and apparently seized at 54,000km. Also had intermittent high fuel consumption issues which had resolved in time for the engine to fail.

I have nothing but contempt for this POS and its manufacturer.
So was the root cause of the engine vibrations, high consumption and ultimately failure ever identified? How was this ultimately fixed? Was a new engine installed under warranty?

Details, we need details :oops: