Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Bolt ons.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
All dyno's are different and although the actual before and after numbers look to be around 30(ish) rwkw lower than what you would normally see - the gain seems to be consistent for the mods you have. My understanding is the biggest gain is from an OTR and Tune - with a full exhaust adding maybe only about 10-15rwkw. If your happy with the way it sounds I wouldn't worry too much about changing the exhaust as it wouldn't give you much more power.

How does it feel now though compared to stock?

Whereabouts did you get it tuned and is it on 98 or 91?
Feels much better compared to stock!
I only use 98.
Got it tuned at APS in Frankston.
Luis is a very experienced and well respected tuner in the industry.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Ryan_044

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VFII Redline A6
Feels much better compared to stock!
I only use 98.
Got it tuned at APS in Frankston.
Luis is a very experienced and well respected tuner in the industry.

Nice one! How it feels would be the biggest factor so wouldn't worry too much about the numbers - APS has a good reputation so even moreso wouldn't worry!

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Spoke to a guy at Manta and he believes there will be a 30rwkw gain with a full exhaust.
Anyhow i noticed that there is an option of a quiet manta exhaust and a medium manta exhaust.
How quiet is quiet? Louder than stock & how loud is medium? Too loud?
Maybe bimodals arent needed after all.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Around 300kw at the tyres
Dont get caught up in top end hp readouts,they vary greatly from dyno to dyno and dont mean much at all just bragging rights,its the low end torque on the street that matters,how it pulls down low,once you get into the revs where its making that top end hp you are already way past breaking the law,thats why i always go diff gears and make it as fun as possible down low and to 100kph.
Great advice.
Always see dyno figures where it peaks at 8 million revs.
Yet to see a good set up where it is all down low and at a rev range that can be used.

Still tossing up whether to get a blower.
Now that Holden is no.longer, I have this feeling that I need to keep the car as close to stock as possible. I don't want to butcher it too much

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
30kw sounds about right. I went xforce series 7 - 1 7/8th headers and full 3" with Varex mufflers. I preffered the tone of the DiPhilipos but needed bimodals and my shop didn't want to put the factory gear on the end. with VCM OTR and tune, 289kw (auto).

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
30kw sounds about right. I went xforce series 7 - 1 7/8th headers and full 3" with Varex mufflers. I preffered the tone of the DiPhilipos but needed bimodals and my shop didn't want to put the factory gear on the end. with VCM OTR and tune, 289kw (auto).

When Difilippo's were still in business, vacuum bimodal valves were an option on their mufflers.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Did you lose any bottom end torque due to the larger 1 7/8 headers?

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
Did you lose any bottom end torque due to the larger 1 7/8 headers?
TBH, I didn't get a before and after dyno chart with torque (only power), but seat of the pants said definitely not. I had planned for supercharging from the start (actually in the shop right now getting that done), so the bigger pipes were the go.