Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Bolt ons.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
VF2 have lower diff ratios from factory
I know, thats why i mentioned that ls3 needs at least 3.2 diff gears because of the larger cam,read my post again.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
208rwks factory is very low for a LS3 assuming it's a auto that's a 6l number.
Its not a low number at all,all dynos are different,some read high some read low.
My tuned 6l with exhaust and diff gears runs 12.9 with only 317hp at the tyres,dyno readouts mean basically nothing,its a tuning tool comparing power gains when adding mods and checking afr and faultfinding,hp readout is a biproduct that can be fully doctored for wank factor,how its strapped down,tyre pressures,correction factors etc can change it greatly,different temps in different states,different types of dynos,hub dyons,wheels dynos blah blah blah.
Other 6.0 cars running my same/similar times can make between 350-380hp at the tyres,they arent making more power,the dyno says they are....
All tuned cars with the roughly the same parts make roughly the same power within a few hp,dyno readouts make it an internet talking point,it means nothing.

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Its not a low number at all,all dynos are different,some read high some read low.
My tuned 6l with exhaust and diff gears runs 12.9 with only 317hp at the tyres,dyno readouts mean basically nothing,its a tuning tool comparing power gains when adding mods and checking afr and faultfinding,hp readout is a biproduct that can be fully doctored for wank factor,how its strapped down,tyre pressures,correction factors etc can change it greatly,different temps in different states,different types of dynos,hub dyons,wheels dynos blah blah blah.
Other 6.0 cars running my same/similar times can make between 350-380hp at the tyres,they arent making more power,the dyno says they are....
All tuned cars with the roughly the same parts make roughly the same power within a few hp,dyno readouts make it an internet talking point,it means nothing.
Your start kw and tuned and a big difference for OTR tune only just stating the original run is very low, have you got the chart by any chance love to see it.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The dyno chart on my 6.0?
I dont know how to put pics up even if i wanted to
Dyno readouts can also be made to read lower on a before run to make any tuning gains seem higher,not saying thats what happened with this guys ls3 in this thread but its totally possible.
So long as the afr is good and it drives nice with no issues, it is what it is,no matter what hp it makes.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Made a slight mistake! It went from 218rwkw to 246.6rwkw with a custom tune & otr.
Torque figures were 542Nm to 596Nm.
Basically im looking to add 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5 inch cat back with bimodals including a retune.
Looking for more bottom end torque around 50Nm & will probably achieve another 20rwkw.
Basically more pull in the lower rev range and more responsiveness.
Judging by those figures will end up at 266rwkw & 644NM after full exhaust and retune.
I know dyno figures dont really mean that much and every dyno is different but everyone else seems to be making 290-300rwkw for some reason and i wont be close to that figure.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
watch this vid vcm made about about a s2 wagon with an ls3 auto,tells you everything you need to know powerwise,it made 301kw with full difillipo exhaust,otr,vcm 532 cam and tune.
Notice he also mentions about varying dyno readouts.
These guys know their stuff.
Hope im not doing the wrong thing by posting a youtube vid?

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
watch this vid vcm made about about a s2 wagon with an ls3 auto,tells you everything you need to know powerwise,it made 301kw with full difillipo exhaust,otr,vcm 532 cam and tune.
Notice he also mentions about varying dyno readouts.
These guys know their stuff.
Hope im not doing the wrong thing by posting a youtube vid?
Watched the video! Pretty good.
I know it mentioned 301rwkw with full difillipo exhaust, otr, vcm 532 cam & tune but still unsure as to whether the cam will increase bottom end torque?
There has been some debate as to whether a full exhaust system will increase bottom end torque too.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Any cam with more lift and duration than a stock cam will have less bottom end than the stock cam.

I have a 232/234 with gains at the bottom end from the standard cam on the dyno sheet (both same dyno, same operator). I didn't gain much at the bottom and it's obvious to see the power comes on more as RPM increases but you don't LOSE power at the bottom with a bigger cam.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a 232/234 with gains at the bottom end from the standard cam on the dyno sheet (both same dyno, same operator). I didn't gain much at the bottom and it's obvious to see the power comes on more as RPM increases but you don't LOSE power at the bottom with a bigger cam.
Cams with similar duration to yours have a powerband from around 2500-6500 roughly with good mid to high range hp gains,no way yours makes more torque from around 1200ish rpm which is roughly where the stock cam starts working.
What rpm are you seeing these gains from?
If you know how cams work you know the trade off is less bottom end for more mid - top end,its how it works,you dont get gains from idle all the way to 6500rpm fitting a larger cam with more lift and duration,just doesnt happen,people who sell and install said cams will have you believe otherwise but its simply not true.
What is the part number and brand of your cam,the specs will have a working powerband/rpm range where it makes power,theres the proof.
Beyond that im flogging a dead horse.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Watched the video! Pretty good.
I know it mentioned 301rwkw with full difillipo exhaust, otr, vcm 532 cam & tune but still unsure as to whether the cam will increase bottom end torque?
There has been some debate as to whether a full exhaust system will increase bottom end torque too.
Larger exhausts/extractors/high flow cats than factory size do lose a small amount of torque down low because of gas speed slowing at lower rpm through larger free flowing pipes,although the trade off is more mid-top end power once it winds up,exactly the same for larger cams.
Any tuner with half a brain will tell you the same,theres a good reason why i still run hsv tri y headers and 2/ 1/4 high flow cats,to not lose much bottom end torque,id prefer low down torque and miss out on a few top end hp which you never see the benefits of on the street.
Its quite obvious i do not follow the internet trends of bigger is better and lets all brag about hp readouts,you asked about possibly increasing low end torque and my comments about diff gears etc were totally about your initial question.
Good luck with it.