Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Redline Ride Height

David1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 3.8 Manual S2
Hi,
I am looking into the possibility of purchasing an VF2 SSV Redline but am concerned about the ride height as I have a steep drive way. I currently have a VT S and when I have my tow bar installed it scrapes on the bolts for the tow bar, without it is fine. A relative of mine also has VY S and it does not scrape. Are the SSV Redlines lower than the standard commodores and old S models? I would love to test one out but dealers close to me don't have any and most I have seen for sale are a fair distance away. Any advise would be appreciated.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Unfortunately, you can’t really tell much about front & rear bumper scrapes from ride height, as it depends on the profile of the underside of bumpers & front/rear overhangs etc as much as ride height. The good news is that the platform VE & VF are built on has the wheels quite close to the extremities of the car, which should allow better approach angles; but that’s not a solid answer, sorry.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i dont find stock height that low
go to a local stealership and take one for a test drive and try it out

but that said i definitely found the gutter when i drove my new VE home and straight into the curved gutter, front bar obviously sat lower than my VT, even with my VT lowered

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The stock ride height on the VF2 needs permission from Flight Control when arriving at a driveway.

This is a stock Redline I had for a test drive.

img_1911a-jpg.203362

My Ute on delivery with is OEM FE3 suspension

IMG_3050xxxx.jpg

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The stock ride height on the VF2 needs permission from Flight Control when arriving at a driveway.

Why is it so high ?

FE3 on mine is nowhere near as high as that.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Why is it so high ?

FE3 on mine is nowhere near as high as that.

Is yours FE3 or FE2?

Not that I think that makes much difference in ride height as the stock VE's should also come with oxygen masks.

This is my 2010 VE Ute with OEM FE2

IMG_2087a.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why is it so high ?
Probably because someone in the engineering department at Holden decided that it would be good if it could go over speed-bumps without scraping.
They mostly succeeded, as long as you go slowly ...

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Probably because someone in the engineering department at Holden decided that it would be good if it could go over speed-bumps without scraping.
They mostly succeeded, as long as you go slowly ...

And for driving at speed on back country roads, where the cool kids can bottom out their lowered Commodores and lose the front bumper in the process.

David1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 3.8 Manual S2
Thanks for the advise and photos looks like it is not too low but then again my driveway is pretty steep. My local dealership has no SSV Redlines or SSV's to test but they do have a few VF2 SV6's and a Calais-V in stock do you know if these are the same height? If so I might be able to arrange a test drive.