Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Redline Upgrades

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thats clever stuff.
What if the sensor fails? no probs? bad? or catastrophic?
I can’t see it’s any worse than if the oxy sensor fails, airflow meter fails, air-temp sensor fails, etc etc. The tune should have a “limp home” mode that makes worst-case assumptions.

Thomas_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I can’t see it’s any worse than if the oxy sensor fails, airflow meter fails, air-temp sensor fails, etc etc. The tune should have a “limp home” mode that makes worst-case assumptions.[/QUOTE]
Okay, the flex sensor sounds worthwhile!

Thomas_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
if u run e85 in a boosted stock bottom end it will last longer as it absorbs more heat out of the combustion chamber once ignited so its better for a stock cast piston, but it also adds more torque so u do get more load on the components, flex is good i have converted mine to flex so can run what ever i want and if i go on a long cruise just use petrol, if the sensor fails u can set it up in the tune so it defaults to a set ethanol % so u can make that safe for a failure, when i changed to ethanol with no tune changes to timing i gained bout 70rhp
Ok so perhaps use the E85 for track days etc

Regarding the 'cam' the Ls3 is already pretty tight for piston to valve clearance so I gather a high lift short duration cam, maybe up to a 224-ish?

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Ok so perhaps use the E85 for track days etc

Regarding the 'cam' the Ls3 is already pretty tight for piston to valve clearance so I gather a high lift short duration cam, maybe up to a 224-ish?
the lift is what does it keep it round 600 is safe but is always best to check anyway, just get a cam like the LS9 or LS7 or a negative overlap PD boost cam if u want to keep it as DD