Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Redline - With Possibly the Lamest Horn on the Planet

Davesumner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Apologies if this has already been discussed BUT, I have a week old SSV VF 2 Redline that I've now done 1100km in and the ONLY thing that lets the car down is that stupid Citroen Diane Horn, my pushbike has a louder bell than the horn on the car. I'm embarrassed to use it so I need to get it replaced.

Has anyone replaced theirs, what should I buy to fix this? Please hurry in case I have to use the horn and watch everyone laugh at me.

Thanks

Dave S

Highway1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Will be getting the small fiam electric when my redline arrives in the next couple of weeks. The dealer advises that the original horn should not be removed.You have to get a whole separate connection for any additional horn.
Will have to check with the auto sparky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I was going to put one in from a series 1 VF as they sounded ok.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Will be getting the small fiam electric when my redline arrives in the next couple of weeks. The dealer advises that the original horn should not be removed.You have to get a whole separate connection for any additional horn.
Will have to check with the auto sparky.
Maybe it would be best to pay $950 to the dealer to have them fit it for you

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just put straight pipes on your exhaust and nobody will get in your f@cking way ever again!

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
just splice another horn into your exsisting loom.... finding a mounting point for 2nd horn would be the hardest bit... then spend the 900 odd dollars you saved on something else...

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Apologies if this has already been discussed BUT, I have a week old SSV VF 2 Redline that I've now done 1100km in and the ONLY thing that lets the car down is that stupid Citroen Diane Horn, my pushbike has a louder bell than the horn on the car. I'm embarrassed to use it so I need to get it replaced.

Has anyone replaced theirs, what should I buy to fix this? Please hurry in case I have to use the horn and watch everyone laugh at me.

Thanks

Dave S

Its a Horn for Fuxk Sake..........how often do you plan on using it? Im guessing alot considering your planing on paying money to replace a factory horn. You must be one of those drivers whos always on the Horn, i can honestly say ive used the Horn once in my car in the last month and a half, and that was to test it.

Seriously spend the money on mods not a Fuxken Horn...