Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 supercharger mod

poppy bill

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf s2 SSV
Hi all. I would love to hear from anyone that Has super charged their vf2 ss. I am contemplating a blower for mine for no other reason than I just want one and would like to know what you got and what you thought. cheers Bill

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I don’t have one @poppy bill but I’ve done dozens of simulations with engine analyser software.
Main thing is the engine’s high static compression (more than the 6.0) then there’s the incorrectly spec’d Naturally Aspirated cam. Very different to the low compression LSA with a smaller intake duration larger exhaust and lower lift cam.
Also LS3 pistons, rods, crank and block are not up to demands of supercharging like the LSA.
My point is that an LS3 with a blower is way closer to the edge of detonating or catastrophic failure with higher peak potential but much less average torque and power than an LSA.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
usually find if boost is left around 10 psi it will last a long time even 12 is ok but over that then u can get away with it but id recommend going to ethanol, longevity will be solely up to the way it is driven and more importantly the tune, many US guys getting 800-900rhp on boost and ethanol with stock bottom ends even with nos usage how long they will actually last not sure, im currently on 15-16psi ethanol with stock LS2 bottom end rated 10.9 comp and since i put the blower on ive always had the thought it can go bang any time but happy that its still going for now, few things at that level is i just set rpm limit to 6000rpm not 6700 where its dynoed too (when 1500-6000rpm is a very usable power range only going to 6k dosnt matter) and just help keep the iat's in the norm range and all is good

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Could always get a cam as well like vcm 5sc and bleed off a bit of dynamic compression ratio while getting even more power than just charger alone?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Could always get a cam as well like vcm 5sc and bleed off a bit of dynamic compression ratio while getting even more power than just charger alone?
With an LSA 114.5+4 installed straight up, the 5sc doesn’t blow off much at all, actually way more dynamic and overlap than an LS3.
But like the LS9 cam it has a very early EVO event which will produce higher average power and a flat torque curve across the power band.
Basically this:
Late EVO=high peak torque number lower peak horsepower(trades peak horsepower for peak torque)
Early EVO=lower peak torque number more peak horsepower(trades peak torque for peak horsepower)
If it were on a 6.0, different pistons or a centri yeah 5sc would be a safe option but LS3 with an early intake open + EIVC at 68 + high valve lift makes too much peak cylinder pressure and too early to be ideal for positive displacement.
LS9 cam’s IVC is 84 with manageable lift.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Hi all. I would love to hear from anyone that Has super charged their vf2 ss. I am contemplating a blower for mine for no other reason than I just want one and would like to know what you got and what you thought. cheers Bill
Was speaking to my tuner about this who is an ls specific tuner (and doesnt just run simulations on a computer) can be done very safely and obviously you would be mad not to change your cam at the same time. Its night and day in comparison to NA.. As they say its all in the tune and pays to use a reliable source of fuel. Ls3 will happily run at 600rwhp. Also look into running an interchiller which uses your A/C to cool the intake charge. Cold AIT = power

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd look at upgrading the diff if you're going to supercharge the LS3. It will pay dividens and give you piece of mind when you're pushing it.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Was speaking to my tuner about this who is an ls specific tuner (and doesnt just run simulations on a computer) can be done very safely and obviously you would be mad not to change your cam at the same time. Its night and day in comparison to NA.. As they say its all in the tune and pays to use a reliable source of fuel. Ls3 will happily run at 600rwhp. Also look into running an interchiller which uses your A/C to cool the intake charge. Cold AIT = power
Oh serious? If you don’t know what you are talking about please refrain from giving terrible advice.
Cold IAT = less knock = same power potential you always had.
Do your research and stop listening to crap like that.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Oh serious? If you don’t know what you are talking about please refrain from giving terrible advice.
Cold IAT = less knock = same power potential you always had.
Do your research and stop listening to crap like that.
Less knock.. more timing.. more power.. i trust my tuner. Stick to NA gramps