Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SV6 Wagon Auto Shifter Clicking

GreenSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportwagon Black Edition
I've tried researching this online but haven't found anything.
I have an issue where there is a clicking or popping noise coming from the center console area only during acceleration and braking at low speeds.
It sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic and only really happens when the body is torqued up under acceleration or its relaxed when braking, its like the flexing is causing it.
At first I thought it would be the usual trim rubbing on trim kind of issue so I started stripping out parts and going on road tests, I eventually removed the center console down to just the shifter. It appears to be coming from the internal parts of the shifter (there is a lot of plastic in here).

I tried the stick in S mode and found it still happens, I also tried holding the shifter against the gate to take out the slack thinking it may possibly be due to play but found it to be the same. I could also "feel" the noise through the stick onto my hand.

At this point I gave up and sprayed some silicon spray into the guts of it and reassembled. It did not help.

Just wondering if anyone might have an idea?