Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Wagon - Tyre pressures

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Gotta love your practical problem solving - easy as !
Will check it & forever have peace of mind on this :)
Thank youi

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks again for the advice & it is good to be able to discuss this with like minded people who value their ride. I have my own gauge and compressor, so at least I have a consistent base to work from and do a fortnightly cold check on each car (including the spare). Only hole in this theory is "is my gauge correct"? Not sure how to verify this!

It is very very rare to find a pair of gauges that read identically.....Best thing to do is, have your own gauge, have the pressures set to your gauge and keep them at your gauge pressure....How you pump them up is upto you, but checking the pressures is to be done with your gauge

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Wow - a minor miracle ... using your process I found that the servo showed 39psi, my manual gauge showed 40 psi and my compressor showed 40 psi. Pleased that they are that close and really appreciate the common sense approach you gave me to get on top of it. Thanks !

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
have played with pressures on the Clubbie wagon (staggered 20s) and with the Pireliis I find around town the 42F and 36R is the go

You need high pressures on the front to avoid wearing/scalloping of the shoulders of the tyres (which happened with the original ex-factory
Contis despite high pressures)

and the rears? High speed highway stuff (and/or towing.. I tow my Commodore race car) I crank up to 40psi otherwise the 36 for normal
around town is fine.

HTH
Working well - thanks again for your guidance - stay safe.