Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII bimodul exhaust always on fuse ?

Wogachino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF SS-V Redline
Hey all !

Just upgraded my series 1 redline to the '16 series 2 and I am in love. I heard about a trick where one can pull out a fuse which controls the bimodul exhaust flaps, making the car louder during lower RPMs.

Wanted to know if this is true and if so, which fuse do I pull out ? Also, any negative issues if this is done ?

Thank you in advance!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The relay is in the boot with the battery. I had mine out and it was louder on the road.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Doesn't it work on load, not rpm? At least that's what my ears are telling me

CalaisLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ll Calais 6.2 LS3
I'm not too familiar with a series 1 exhaust setup, but would it even have the relay for the bimodal since they never came with it?? Do you have the option to turn it on/off in mylink??
I pulled my relay and definitely a difference in the lower rpm range, but as mentioned above, it may open under load, or its a bit of a placebo effect due to the sound enhancer plumbed to cabin from intake.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Its a solenoid that is either open or shut. Taking the relay out just makes the solenoid stay open if you have selected Bi Modal through MyLink.

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spitfire green MY16 redline Ute with amcat canopy.
Remove the relay listed in your manual as "exhaust valve", in my redline ute I think it was labelled R10 and is black with a serial number ending in 128. Just pull it out and go for a drive, under light/moderate acceleration below 3000 RPM you will have a slightly louder exhaust but it is no different under any other parameters as it is always open on start up, under load and above 3000 RPM. Have heard of dynos showing a bit of bottom end increase but I fail to see how as under load as per a dyno run the valve will be open anyway.