Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Boot battery change with 12V power outlet

Anthony Chie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Hi Guys/Girls,

I have a VFII SSV Redline and attempting a simple job of replacing battery. All good except had a 12V outlet fitted as a dealer option.

I can not workout how to unmount the socket from the bracket so I can remove the panel that covered the battery.

I've checked out the install instructions I've found online and can't find too much detail on the removal. Being the location a lot is on feel as not sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Anthony

atimicute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8 MY15 Series 1.5
Hi Guys/Girls,

I have a VFII SSV Redline and attempting a simple job of replacing battery. All good except had a 12V outlet fitted as a dealer option.

I can not workout how to unmount the socket from the bracket so I can remove the panel that covered the battery.

I've checked out the install instructions I've found online and can't find too much detail on the removal. Being the location a lot is on feel as not sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Anthony
Hi,
I will have the same problem. I will watch your thread with interest.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
There are two clips inside the socket that need to be spread apart so it releases from the main unit.

M

mwb235

Here's a pic of the two clips like Anthony121 said above (sorry for the sh!tty graphics). Use a small flat screwdriver whilst pressing gently on centre of the metal barrel to lever out these tabs at top - barrel will then pop out.
20190724_151625.jpg

The two larger clips (not visible in pic) attach the whole unit to the black metal bracket behind trim.

Anthony Chie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks for your help. That is exactly what was needed. I was close but didn't want to try too hard and damage in case not right. Battery all changed and took the beast for a spin. Lucky not a daily driver as battery has been dead for months