Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Factory Black Roof Option

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Are you sure that the roof is painted at HEC, or is it just installed in HEC (painted prior to delivery at HEC)?

I'm pretty sure it is done at HEC, but I will confirm this when I do my tour.

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
As far as I can tell from looking at pictures of other VFII cars, that strip on the car will be black whether you get the black roof or not.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
As far as I can tell from looking at pictures of other VFII cars, that strip on the car will be black whether you get the black roof or not.

On my wagon it is unfinished matte black, whereas they appear to be painted gloss black like the rest of the roof when optioning to have the painted black roof.

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
On my wagon it is unfinished matte black, whereas they appear to be painted gloss black like the rest of the roof when optioning to have the painted black roof.

Thanks for the information.
I got the black roof option and can confirm that they have painted over the top without removing the clips on mine as well. It doesn't look as bad as the OP but it is definitely poor form from Holden.

VESSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportswagon
I thought the factory black roof was only available some standard/base colours? White and red where 2 of them. Pretty sure green wasn't/isnt one of the colours. I would suggest its a dealer done job. I wouldn't have thought the factory would paint over the entire matt black strip... let alone the covers!!

I guess its another reason to wrap it instead. You can get rid of it down the track if you prefer.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
I thought the factory black roof was only available some standard/base colours?

It was originally a limited option on white and red and standard on Phantom *boom boom*, but it now available on all colours.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I would suggest its a dealer done job. I wouldn't have thought the factory would paint over the entire matt black strip... let alone the covers!!

I guess its another reason to wrap it instead. You can get rid of it down the track if you prefer.

The black roof is a factory installed option, not dealer fit.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I thought the factory black roof was only available some standard/base colours? White and red where 2 of them. Pretty sure green wasn't/isnt one of the colours. I would suggest its a dealer done job. I wouldn't have thought the factory would paint over the entire matt black strip... let alone the covers!!

Has been available on green from day one, even shows it in the brochure. The plastic strips have always been painted as well, its just a shame they dont do it properly with the covers. I would be making note of this when ordering the black roof option and making sure it is done right. Im still not 100% sure how it is done at HEC and how it is all masked up.

VESSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportswagon
Has been available on green from day one, even shows it in the brochure. The plastic strips have always been painted as well, its just a shame they dont do it properly with the covers. I would be making note of this when ordering the black roof option and making sure it is done right. Im still not 100% sure how it is done at HEC and how it is all masked up.

I stand Corrected about green!

From the Brochure ---- Phantom black roof (available on Red Hot, Jungle Green and Heron White)------

But agreed. Disappointing quality from the factory. I will be considering when ordering in the next few months

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm still not 100% sure how it is done at HEC
"improperly"
and how it is all masked up.
"not much"

It's truly shoddy, nasty work. If it were me I'd be ROYALLY pissed. Paint is something that can never be fixed properly, short of spending $15k+ to do it.