Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII LS3 Oil & Air Filter

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've used the Z663ST for the last few changes on my L77, although with it stating "not for racing use", it has me wondering if that is because they assume high flow pumps may be used that will outflow the filter. L77's have high flow oil pumps. I might contact Ryco.

Probably more to do with the fact that race cars generally use an inline filter rather than the spin-on or cartridge types. I wouldn't be concerned - the oil pumps on those things would have a lot higher output than an L77.

Don't forget filters for our cars have a bypass valve that will open if the filter is overwhelmed by flow or blockage.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I bought a full box of PF48 when the PF48E was introduced.
I also supply Holden with a PF48 (along with oil) when they do an oil change.
I will have spares when I sell my car in a few months time that will go in the for sale section or eBay.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also supply Holden with a PF48 (along with oil) when they do an oil change.
I will have spares when I sell my car in a few months time that will go in the for sale section or eBay.

They don't balk at using a superseded filter for it?

Can I ask why you're offloading it?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hes getting a c8 'vette

Fair enough, early sale though considering they probably won't land until ~Q4 2020...but earlier offload means more $$ I guess,

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
They don't balk at using a superseded filter for it?

Can I ask why you're offloading it?

The guys at the Holden dealership know that what I am supplying them is a better quality filter.

I had always intended on keeping this one, but family, mortgage and life gets in the way. As I get older I need an SUV (never thought I would say that) due to back issues that go back years. I had a VZ Clubsport that I parked up for years and hardly drove, I just can’t justify having the money sitting around not working for me.
I have placed an order for a 162TSI Tiguan Allspace R-Line.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
The guys at the Holden dealership know that what I am supplying them is a better quality filter.

I had always intended on keeping this one, but family, mortgage and life gets in the way. As I get older I need an SUV (never thought I would say that) due to back issues that go back years. I had a VZ Clubsport that I parked up for years and hardly drove, I just can’t justify having the money sitting around not working for me.
I have placed an order for a 162TSI Tiguan Allspace R-Line.

Totally understandable mate. All the best with the new purchase :)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Fair enough, early sale though considering they probably won't land until ~Q4 2020...but earlier offload means more $$ I guess,
I was just talking ****.

Ive seen people mention they put down deposits immediately, also holden supposed to have stopped stealers taking deposits.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Back to the oil question. When I supplied the M1 extended performance the other day, they gave me a $110 dollar discount for bringing my own, which really surprised me as I was expecting around $60. When I asked what they were going to use (expecting to hear M1 at that price)....magnatec. Even if I had have supplied the Dexos1 Gen 2 version of that from SCA, it would have only cost me around $65. Couldn't believe it.

And on top of all that, when I booked the service, they had a 20% off deal going as well, so saved well over $100 all up. :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Back to the oil question. When I supplied the M1 extended performance the other day, they gave me a $110 dollar discount for bringing my own, which really surprised me as I was expecting around $60. When I asked what they were going to use (expecting to hear M1 at that price)....magnatec. Even if I had have supplied the Dexos1 Gen 2 version of that from SCA, it would have only cost me around $65. Couldn't believe it.

And on top of all that, when I booked the service, they had a 20% off deal going as well, so saved well over $100 all up. :)

Good score.
I had my 60k service done a couple of weeks ago. As already discussed, I supplied my own oil and filter, and the service price was $123.
I’m not sure how that compares to a regular 60k service though.