Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Paint (Slipstream) Quality

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hate to think what the quality of the cars will be in the last year of production. Staff will be totally unmotivated and management just want to cut costs and not address any issues.

Good Point. So buying the latest and the greatest might not end up being the Best. Just as well we have spent the last bit of our money.
Does anyone know exactly when Holden shifted to water base paints.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I would hope the HVO staff would have more pride in what they make given its the last of the last, (and from speaking to a few of them they do) and if Holden want customers to stay loyal to the brand, they would want to keep close tabs on quality control

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Good Point. So buying the latest and the greatest might not end up being the Best. Just as well we have spent the last bit of our money.
Does anyone know exactly when Holden shifted to water base paints.
1995, for release of the VS.

*edit*
I was going to say "I think" ... does 98% surety qualify for a blanket THIS IS DEFINITELY TRUE statement on the internet? :)

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
So I emailed Holden telling them how disappointed I was in the paint, telling them I feel it's pathetic and not good enough etc.
This was the reply I just got.
"Hi James,

Thanks for emailing Holden Customer Care. We appreciate you contacting us regarding the exterior paintwork of your 2016 Holden VF Commodore SS-V Redline.

We recommend you speak with the Service department of your preferred Holden dealership.

Your Holden dealership's Service department will be happy to arrange a time to inspect your vehicle to determine the root cause of your paint concerns.

Once the root cause has been determined, the service staff will have the necessary knowledge and expertise to provide advice on what is required to rectify your paint concerns.

Keep in mind you can enquire at any Holden dealership. Your nearest Holden dealership can be found via the dealer locator on the Holden website:

http://www.holden.com.au/dealer-services

Additionally, you can notify Holden Customer Care once you have made a booking with your preferred Holden dealership in order for us to further investigate your concerns.

You can discuss this further with us via return email or by giving us a call. Please quote your reference number for any future enquiries.

Yours sincerely,
Hayley W
Holden Customer Care
Email: [email protected]
AUS: 1800 033 349
NZ: 0800 465 336"

Now I work at a dealer, do I get them to put pressure on Holden for a full respray... Can't see anything getting done.

Received the exact same response letter as this one back from Holden. Interested to hear what you going to do bigjim?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Received the exact same response letter as this one back from Holden. Interested to hear what you going to do bigjim?

They probably use the same template for all complaints.
I'm probably not going to do anything. While I'm not really happy and rather disappointed, I don't want to risk fighting for a respray only to get something worse, or just as bad.
I may be selling the car next year too, not sure yet.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm probably not going to do anything. While I'm not really happy and rather disappointed, I don't want to risk fighting for a respray only to get something worse, or just as bad.
I may be selling the car next year too, not sure yet.

Yep...word for word. Fair enough...I guess is a bit of a risk. Are you not even curious as to what the the dealership assess "the root cause" to be? What car you got your eye on James?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yep...word for word. Fair enough...I guess is a bit of a risk. Are you not even curious as to what the the dealership assess "the root cause" to be? What car you got your eye on James?

It's just going to be my foreman and two other managers looking at the car, and how much pressure they want to put on Holden. I can kinda see it being more hassle than it's worth, and most people wouldn't think much of it, "they're just stone chips etc"

Possibly just update to a MY17 model, order in April as part of a 25th bday present to myself.
Otherwise, I'm seeing engineers in a few ATS V coupe and sedan Cadillacs, I've been posting pics elsewhere. Very tempted to part way with some coin if we get them!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
A bloke from the bush once told me "they still make paint you know" when I was stressing out about stone chips. If it gets bad after a few years, have the front resprayed by a good panel shop.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

Sorry to say its like all Government Departments. COPY and PASTE The same letter just change the name and the date. Like others they have a pile of them and they just select the one that matches you complaint and bingo its mailed to you. What a Croc. The Attorney Generals Office is the Worst offender for this. It shows you what they think of you.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Maybe black is ok, only 2700kms and country trips inc(first drive was 800kms from gellong to Adelaide and not on chip Jan 16 build, wonder if its a batch of cars???