Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline...

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Was just quoted $2,850 for Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers. This includes kit, fitment, and wheel alignment. Seems like a lot to spend...

Might have to look into the XYZ a bit more.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Was just quoted $2,850 for Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers. This includes kit, fitment, and wheel alignment. Seems like a lot to spend...

Might have to look into the XYZ a bit more.

F*CK that! I had Pedders XAs in my VE and hated them.

And don't touch XYZ, you get what you pay for, cheap ****. Those who have XYZ, don't tell me they're good. As far as I'm concerned you may as well be telling me a Big Mac is an amazing burger.

For $2850 I'd be looking at a nice set of Bilstein B8 shocks and quality springs. That's one of my long term plans for the new car.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I guess my issue is that I don't really want to pay near on $3k for suspension on a car which will never see a track...

I just want something that corners a bit flatter (for freeway on ramps hahah). Open to suggestions

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
F*CK that! I had Pedders XAs in my VE and hated them.

And don't touch XYZ, you get what you pay for, cheap ****. Those who have XYZ, don't tell me they're good. As far as I'm concerned you may as well be telling me a Big Mac is an amazing burger.

For $2850 I'd be looking at a nice set of Bilstein B8 shocks and quality springs. That's one of my long term plans for the new car.

Well actually they are good, so stick that up your ass! You are welcome to come for a ride in my car, know it all.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Well actually they are good, so stick that up your ass! You are welcome to come for a ride in my car, know it all.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, I'm sure there's plenty of people who will agree with both our comments.
Given the numerous suspension set ups I've tried over the years, and numerous set ups I've tried in other cars. I'll happily stand by opinion all day, everyday.

Last edited:

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, I'm sure there's plenty of people who will agree with both our comments.
Given the numerous suspension set ups I've tried over the years, and numerous set ups I've tried in other cars. I'll happily stand by opinion all day, everyday.

So based on your opinion you've obviously had a set of the latest XYZ's in one of your cars... What were the issues with them?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
I had the pedders coilovers fitted to my wagon in July for $2400 all up and I freaking love em. Maybe you can try squirm them down on price a bit??... The adjustability has come in handy a couple of times where I've changed the ride height to accommodate a heavy load in the car on a long trip (to avoid scrubbing guards on my tyres)... Also being able to dial in the shock/damper settings to suit my personal taste has been great.... Can't do that stuff with a spring and shock combo, unless you wanna keep paying for new ones each time you don't like the ride height or ride quality.... Also, I know a guy with XYZ coilovers and he reckons they're the COOLEST!! I mean, they're no pedders, but they're pretty cool

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
[video]http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/villn808/F5D9A729-CF61-41CC-9529-B23B0A936AD8_zpseslapody.mp4[/video]

Have a look at this, this is opticoat and a $50 Ozzito blower.

That's unreal.. can't wait to get it all done

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yea no worries mate, hope it all goes well for you! I got them at Eye Candy Motorsports here in Dandy, but I think are a few mobs around doing them for the same price.

Mate I can not find anywhere that is fitting them apart from Eye Candy. Dandenong is just such a trek for me. Do you know of anywhere else???

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate I can not find anywhere that is fitting them apart from Eye Candy. Dandenong is just such a trek for me. Do you know of anywhere else???

Ah not sure mate, Another option is Centerline suspension in Thomastown, is that any closer to you? I dealt with them when I had my VE. They make their own coilovers and they are a bit cheaper than the Pedders, I was tossing up weather to go with them or not but Eye Candy is 5 minutes from me and they rolled the guards for free too.