Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Smash Repair

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I had weeks of fighting with them to blend adjacent panels, even the repairer was fighting with them but in the end they said they were not budging on the quote!
My repairer was great colour match was perfect, but I shouldn't have to fight for something so simple

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
it should be colour matched anyway, not what the paint code is. They need to take sun fade etc as a factor.. looking at it again it might be easier for the repairer to do a rear 1/4 cut, pop the door, bog and respray.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
That was my argument and the repaires
But racv said its only a few months old that won't be an issue

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thanks mate. Pretty sound approach here and I'll be sure to give them a shout.

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Been a while on this one.. but just giving an update if anyone was interested. Finally got the worksheet back on the repairs and they're replacing just about everything with new GM parts (door, sills, side skirt, rear quarter panel, wheel & tyre) then they're refinishing the rear bumber, bootlid opening and blending the front door and rear panels. The sheet is a bit more comprehensive so let me know if anyone would like a further breakdown!

They've also got it booked in for a full mechanical/ structural inspection to check the suspension mainly but also chassis, etc. And they're doing a wheel alignment. Pretty confident they've got everything covered, really just hoping for a great result and to get my baby back asap. Another 2 week wait! It's killing me!!

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Did they say how much the damage was , as in dollar value ?

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Did they say how much the damage was , as in dollar value ?

Afraid not, the quote I received didn't have dollar values against each item. Assuming that's because they don't want me passing on their inflated rates for insurance work onto other repairers..

MJM71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE MY17
I recently had to take my VF series 2 Redline to the smash repairer. They replaced the entire rear passenger side panel amongst other things. When I checked the vehicle over I notice the work on the wheel arch was different to the other side. It was rough and had rippling in it as opposed the other side. So I questioned it. There are 10 spot welds in the wheel arch when manufactured. Apparently, when this part is replaced/repaired GMH require the repairer to insert 13 spot welds, which causes rippling and looks quite shoddy to be honest. I am hoping someone can help me understand why a vehicle would be repaired differently to how it was manufactured. The insurance assessor also confirmed that the number of spot welds on the repair was correct. Can anyone help?

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
I feel bad for you, if that happened to me i would be furious as hell !!!!!