Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII SV6 mods

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've seen them a few times and it's made me wonder:
Who came up with the idea, was game enough to take a punt and get some manufactured, all the while probably hoping that people would be stupid enough to waste money on them

Obviously I think they are a useless piece of crap......
But each to their own, how boring would we be as car enthusiasts if we all liked the same stuff

Until today I didn't know you could buy them.

I don't have a problem with them, there are cars that come from the manufacturer with tinted lids on the headlights as stock and they look okay, so if you want to add a strip of vinyl to replicate the look, go for it.

I was just being silly about the whiskers, I think.

It's the eyelashes that I really like.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The benefit of coilovers for the street is the adjustment parameters.

You can dial in the ride height just the way you want instead of being locked into what the spring manufacture has set and the same goes for damping and rebound.

In other words you can get it right where a set of springs will get you close.
I was comparing a set of coil-overs to a set of of springs plus a set of shocks; when I did my car, I asked for a specific ride height and the suspension shop calculated what parameters were required; it happened that both the fromt & back matched some VC King’s products, which saved me some money on getting custom-made.

It seems that for the $2k price difference, there’s not a lot of functional difference between “right” & “very close”. Unless the $2k is nothing and you spend the extra $2k on the suspension AS WELL as the same $2k on other mods ... OR it’s not as much as $2k for a VF?

LewisH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Sv6
The benefit of coilovers for the street is the adjustment parameters.

You can dial in the ride height just the way you want instead of being locked into what the spring manufacture has set and the same goes for damping and rebound.

In other words you can get it right where a set of springs will get you close.

Exactly my thinking. Adjustablity is the biggest draw card, both for getting perfect fitment for whatever wheels I decided on and if I change my mind, and if I have a full car on a camping trip or something similar I have the peace of mind I can bump the ride height up. On a 25k car I don’t see the harm in investing more coin on a quality product that suits my needs

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Remove the bellmouth and put a cop chip in it...
Will ******* fly bruz...

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I was comparing a set of coil-overs to a set of of springs plus a set of shocks; when I did my car, I asked for a specific ride height and the suspension shop calculated what parameters were required; it happened that both the fromt & back matched some VC King’s products, which saved me some money on getting custom-made.

It seems that for the $2k price difference, there’s not a lot of functional difference between “right” & “very close”. Unless the $2k is nothing and you spend the extra $2k on the suspension AS WELL as the same $2k on other mods ... OR it’s not as much as $2k for a VF?

You were fortunate a set of off the shelf springs and shocks offered exactly what you were looking for as not everyone gets the exact ride height front and rear or comfort or sports settings they wish for and therefore they live with a compromise.

I know a few people who have lowered their cars with springs and wish they could have a few more mills up or down to get that perfect look.

A set of fully adjustable coilovers can fix that.

You only have to look at how much money is spent on cars that don’t really need it to understand that $1k or $2k extra isn’t always important to people who love modifying their cars, it’s more important they get it right.

Plus the other advantage of coil overs is they don’t have to be set and forget, they can be adjusted to suit different driving styles and requirements, something you can’t do with a spring/shock package without swapping them out for something else.

Each to their own really.