Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII SV6 mods

LewisH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Sv6
so I’ve had my vfii sv6 wagon for a few months and just wanted to know what are some mods people have been doing? I’ve done a few cosmetic things, and am putting away money for coil overs and wheels in the next few months. Open to anything, cosmetic or performance

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
OTR CAI, TB spacer, intake mani spacer, full exhaust, tune, brakes, front lip, rear window lip or shield, tint, weather shield, Cam, FI, bonnet shield, bootlip, badge delete or colour, full wrap, airbags, new lights, remove chrome.

I have done ZERO of these but looking for wheels and brakes currently. Been meaning to install an OTR myself then decide If i want much more before a tune.

For pictures FB is probably better, so many modified sv6s around to get ideas from. I saw a kid the other day selling his sv6 with a full wrap, airbags and rims for a likely cost of $15k for $20k.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
I had a complete mental blank for a second, I was thinking why would he want to modify his airbags??? But then I caught on hahah

But on the topic of cosmetics, get some eyelids :) Cheap and make it look more aggressive (in my opinion).

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
But on the topic of cosmetics, get some eyelids :) Cheap and make it look more aggressive (in my opinion).

In all seriousness I think those eyelids look idiotic on their own, to make it look good you have to also replace the lion on the grille with a nose and whiskers.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What's the ROI on coil-overs compared to just updating springs & a set of high quality shocks (eg. Bilsteins)?
My project car is something that's fiddled-with way less than a VF, so my experience doesn't necessarily match with the VF modding experience; but if you're spending an extra $2k on coil-overs then I imagine you'd want to have exhausted a few other performance areas before going with the coil-overs.

LewisH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Sv6
What's the ROI on coil-overs compared to just updating springs & a set of high quality shocks (eg. Bilsteins)?
My project car is something that's fiddled-with way less than a VF, so my experience doesn't necessarily match with the VF modding experience; but if you're spending an extra $2k on coil-overs then I imagine you'd want to have exhausted a few other performance areas before going with the coil-overs.

I haven’t heard good thing about the ride quality of springs on stock shocks. I’m not adverse to spending more on adjustability and overall comfort

In saying that it’s not something I’ve looked into extensively so I’ll probably take it in and get a professional opinion

LewisH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Sv6
I had a complete mental blank for a second, I was thinking why would he want to modify his airbags??? But then I caught on hahah

Already have the eyelids installed! Do love the black eyelids with the black trim from the black edition. As it’s a wagon I also replaced the chrome boot trip with black to toe everything together

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Coilovers Id say way more important for track use forrminute adjustments along with anything else to stiffen the chassis and provide adjustment (spring rate, sway bar). That said id love to do it for the road but these car IMO a fairly well appointed for that even with FE2. They are big and tight but can always be better. Puely street Im stil deciding but I think you can get the main benefits with the springs and shocks without the adjustment.

Airbags or hydraulic pump ride height suspension both much more costly. Gonna hit up supashock for some ideas and prices as they are adelaide based.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The benefit of coilovers for the street is the adjustment parameters.

You can dial in the ride height just the way you want instead of being locked into what the spring manufacture has set and the same goes for damping and rebound.

In other words you can get it right where a set of springs will get you close.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
In all seriousness I think those eyelids look idiotic

I've seen them a few times and it's made me wonder:
Who came up with the idea, was game enough to take a punt and get some manufactured, all the while probably hoping that people would be stupid enough to waste money on them

Obviously I think they are a useless piece of crap......
But each to their own, how boring would we be as car enthusiasts if we all liked the same stuff