Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Finally got to pick it up on Thursday, and the 3 month wait was worth it.
MY16 SSV Redline, Manual.

So far the car is pretty much stock. Window tint happening next weekend, coil overs hopefully in a few weeks time.
Wheels are Koya SF06, 20x9 (35offet) Front and 20x10 Rear (42 offset) with Nitto Invo tyres, 255/35 Front and 275/35 Rear.
The only other thing I've changed on the car so far has been the exhaust. I fitted the headers, cats and floor section off a 340kw R8 to the car, while keeping the Redlines factory bimodal. While it didn't make the car much louder, it's made it much deeper and throatier.
HSV on the left, standard on the right.

Love the car how it is, so don't really plan on doing much to it, just want to enjoy it.
Currently the plans for it are tint, lowered, then eventually OTR and tune, and tidy up the engine bay a little.
It's going to be a shame to see the last one roll off the production line, they really are a very nice car.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
cool, thanks for the pics. I have the same planned exhaust wise for my VFII SSVR although I just have the HSV Headers and Cats. If its not worth it, I wont worry about a HSV centre section

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great looking car mate! This will look so spot on when ya get the tints and coilovers done!! Congrats man!

That exhaust looks so much better too. Where did you pick the floor section up from?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Super coach, the hsv headers and cats should bolt upto the factory catback, but, the factory set up has both O2 sensors in the header/cat assembly. The hsv headers only have the upstream O2, so you'll need someone to weld bungs into the standard catback so you can run the rear O2s.

Thanks mate, hoping the coilovers and tint will top it off just right.
I got the entire exhaust off eBay a few months ago, paid $400 for an entire system and gave the rear mufflers to a mate.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Super coach, the hsv headers and cats should bolt upto the factory catback, but, the factory set up has both O2 sensors in the header/cat assembly. The hsv headers only have the upstream O2, so you'll need someone to weld bungs into the standard catback so you can run the rear O2s.

I got the entire exhaust off eBay a few months ago, paid $400 for an entire system and gave the rear mufflers to a mate.

Oh no worries, that's a good pick up for that price!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks really good mate, not normally a fan of the Slipstream Blue but it suits those wheels well. Good sizes and offsets to.

Any chance you'd be able to post up a vid of the HSV exhaust? I've driven a few of the VFII V8s at work and whilst the bi-modal sounds good inside the car it sounds pretty crap outside of it.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Haven't tried the horn, and tbh don't really care, hardly ever find myself using it.

I'll try and get a video of the exhaust over the weekend. I pulled the relay last night for the bimodal, so good haha

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Hey thanks for that advice mate, if that's the case, then it might be worth just getting the centre section then.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Love that colour:thumbsup: very cool hope you enjoy it