Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Thanks man.

Got mine today. Had the guards trimmed on the inside. Have only drove it once and don't think they rubbed yet but look very close! I got +45 on the rear.

Do you think you could have gone +48 and still clear rear brembos? Essentially anther 3mm closer?

Have you ever had the front rub at all?

Are you finding the wide rim and aggressive offset is causing stone chips on the rear section of the front guard? Can't recall if mine had them there before or if it is the new wider wheels but contemplating mudflapds...yuck!

+48 on the rear might be getting a little close to the calliper, will check mine tomorrow, I know I've got heaps of clearance front and rear.

Never had the front scrub, only occasionally have the rear scrub, but that's only on big dips with a bit of speed.

Stone chips, I find the paint on VF to be very average, sadly the car has a few stone chips, however none are from my car flicking up stones.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Both Cars look amazing, and those pics turned out really well, not sure if it makes it easier or harder to choose between black or slipstream, currently have a black ve wagon. the Ve is kinda better looking, the VF is maybe too pretty!

If you two boys get bored one day I would love to see the black rims on the slipstream, :)

Cheers fella. The black looks nice, but cbf with the maintenance, the blue is hard enough let alone black. I'd never own a black car if I planned to use it as a daily.

Ryan has wanted to swap wheels to see what they look like on his car, he has a constant battle of wanting new rims but is indecisive haha

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Black isn't that bad, it's not like you wash it and it looks dusty or anything after half an hour.

Hahaha. I haven't done it because I know if I do I will be ordering new wheels that night. But maybe we will one day...

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Black isn't that bad, it's not like you wash it and it looks dusty or anything after half an hour.

Hahaha. I haven't done it because I know if I do I will be ordering new wheels that night. But maybe we will one day...

Oh I love the black such a nice deeply reflective finish, also minimises shape, the slipstream in some shots can make the car look bigger than it is.

Love my black wagon, just curious as to what the blue would be like when I get a vf ss wagon..

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Hey mate love the car. I really like the wheel and height combo. Noting crazy but a great road presence.

I'm thinking of putting some Koyas on my wagon (SF11)

May I ask how much they set you back? Also is the 10inch a snug fit on the rear? I'm thinking of a similar height but just going springs and shocks.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Hey mate love the car. I really like the wheel and height combo. Noting crazy but a great road presence.

I'm thinking of putting some Koyas on my wagon (SF11)

May I ask how much they set you back? Also is the 10inch a snug fit on the rear? I'm thinking of a similar height but just going springs and shocks.

From memory I paid around the $2k mark for the wheels. As for the fitment of the 10" rear, on a 42 offset it's a bit aggressive, something like a 45 would be a more friendlier option, also allowing you to easily fit a 285 tyre.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Really nice
Blackout trim looks great

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi, just wanting to know what cats you ended up going with in the end? I heard your video and it sounded great, maybe a touch loud for me. If that’s the case which cats would you recommend as I have the HSV 340 headers and GTS LSA Centre section fitted to my LS3 Holden Motorsport. Cheers

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi, just wanting to know what cats you ended up going with in the end? I heard your video and it sounded great, maybe a touch loud for me. If that’s the case which cats would you recommend as I have the HSV 340 headers and GTS LSA Centre section fitted to my LS3 Holden Motorsport. Cheers
That’s good news. So what was the workaround to have the headers clear the oil cooler?