Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Love that colour:thumbsup: very cool hope you enjoy it

Enjoying it for sure. But maybe enjoying it a little to much I think, didn't get many kms out of the first tank haha.

Itching for the window tint and coilovers!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Had the windows tinted today, very glad to have this done.

Couldn't help myself the other night, the temptation to swing past VCM just got to me, and this happened.

The fit, finish and quality of their new OTRs is fantastic, very impressed. I had issues with their original design, which in the end resulted in me buying the Harrop OTR for my previous car.
But the new VCM unit is a very nice bit of kit! So thumbs up to them.

Hopefully have the coil overs fitted to the car in 2 weeks, the 4x4 look is embarrassing and ruining the car.
Before selling my old car I fitted the new wheels to it, to check clearance and see how they worked with the height, and I'm very keen to get the VF lowered.

Planning on a similar height with the new car, so it should look pretty good, I'm hoping.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Coming along well mate. Following with interest.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's going to look perfect! Go half an inch lower than the VE

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Black side vents and window surrounds would finish it off

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Thanks guys.
I think I'm going to be somewhat limited with how low I can go though. Definitely have to get the guards rolled, but because I'm running the HSV size tyres and bit of an aggressive offset, I don't want to scrub. So I'm happy to compromise on height and not have to worry about scrub, scrape and speed bumps haha.
I actually like the chrome on the S2, especially on this colour. So I don't think I'll be adding any of the black out trims. That being said, if the car was red or white, probably a diferent story haha. Mum has a Redline on the way, should be here shortly, we're adding some black out trims to that. Going to be a good looking garage haha.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I think the chrome suits this colour really well. I have seen some slipstreams with blackout and it doesn't look quite right to my eye.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Looking good mate. Have been considering the tint and seeing your slipstream with it has convinced me. They do sit way to high and you're so right it "spoils" the look. These two things are most definitely next on my list. Liking the contrast of the red brembos against the blue also. OMG the list is endless. I do like the black vent and DRL trim on mine though.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Looking good mate. Have been considering the tint and seeing your slipstream with it has convinced me. They do sit way to high and you're so right it "spoils" the look. These two things are most definitely next on my list. Liking the contrast of the red brembos against the blue also. OMG the list is endless. I do like the black vent and DRL trim on mine though.

I'm hoping to find out this week if the coilovers are in stock, apparently they've been held up in customs. But can't wait to drop it a bit!
I'm liking the red brakes and the other bits of red around the car, however I'm contemplating getting yellow 6/4 brembos, and doing a bit of an engine bay dress up at the same time.
Apart from that, I want to add some high flow cats to the HSV headers, or I'll just buy a set of the harrop/HM headers 4-1s to bolt upto the HSV 2.5" catback.

As much as I want to do a few things to the car, I don't want to get to carried away as I'm planning on selling the car next year haha. Only put 850kms on it so far, but planning the next one.