Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
And then there were two,

Bought the white one for mum, good looking garage I think :) haha

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Very slowly things seem to be coming together. Had the rear guards rolled yesterday, should be collecting the coil overs sometime this week, hope to have them fitted early May.
Few big day trips planned over the next few weeks which should be fun.

Getting very sick of the brake dust, the factory Brembo's are bloody horrible! Will hopefully sort out a ceramic pad to fit when I do the suspension.

Having issues with photos atm, but I spent today applying Kamikaze Infinity Wax to the car, expensive stuff, but it's bloody awesome! It's a hybrid wax, 53.7% Carnuaba Wax, 46.3% glass coating. Worth every dollar. Application is incredibly easy, and removal even easier. The car has a really slick wet look to it now. Can't wait to see how it beads.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Decided to take advantage of the great weather we had for Anzac day and planned a nice day trip down the surf coast to Apollo Bay.
I felt it was fitting to enjoy the weather and the Great Ocean Road as it was built by our diggers who returned home from WW1.
The car was amazing, never enjoyed that drive as much as I did yesterday. Just demolished the Kms without issue, cruising, having a bit of fun, great 500km round trip, with surprisingly good economy for a big V8.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Will look killer lowered with those wheels

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yesterday I finally had the car lowered, and it's awesome not having that ridiculous 4x4 look!
Decided to go with the H&R Coilover kit as I wanted to get the height exactly how I wanted, and this kit uses Bilstein shocks.
Because of the big tyres I'm running and the aggressive offsets I don't want to go any lower, and as it is atm, it clears 100mm which I'm happy about.

I had the coilovers fitted by Quadrant suspension in Berwick, and I was very happy with the whole experience. They even took the time to show and explain to me all the different components for building custom set ups, fascinating stuff.

So far I've haven't done that much driving with the new set up, but first thoughts are great. It's a slightly firmer ride, to be expected with a quality monotube shock, but it's still a very complaint ride.
Throwing it into a corner it definitely has a lot more bite, you can feel the tyres digging in. Hard take off and gear changes is also very different, the rear doesn't squat as much as the factory suspension does, so when snapping gears it's happy to chirp the rears.