Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I have a slipstream blue and was looking at getting those SF06 rims. They look awesome.
Does the 20x10 rear scrub with the 275/35 tyre? I was told they would even if I had the guards rolled. Which I have had done.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I have a slipstream blue and was looking at getting those SF06 rims. They look awesome.
Does the 20x10 rear scrub with the 275/35 tyre? I was told they would even if I had the guards rolled. Which I have had done.

Hey bud, I do like your car, maybe a little biased on the colour, but I love what you've got going on under the bonnet haha.

I had my guards rolled, and prior to that they did scrub a little, even at factory height! But since rolling the guards and having the car lowered I can't say I've had any issues.
The rear wheels specs are, 20x10 with a 42 offset, tyre size is as you said. If I had my time again I'd probably go for a 45 offset, just to get that little more breathing room.

The other week I decided to get some video's of how the cars exhaust sounds.
This video is with HSV headers, high flow cats, HSV floor section, factory bimodal rears with the relay removed. At full noise it sounds pretty good, lots of crackle and pop, but I'll share a video where everything was kept sensible.
https://youtu.be/scTOqNPzi2M

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dam that is loud! Must sound good with a few more revs!!

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I had my guards rolled, and prior to that they did scrub a little, even at factory height! But since rolling the guards and having the car lowered I can't say I've had any issues.
The rear wheels specs are, 20x10 with a 42 offset, tyre size is as you said. If I had my time again I'd probably go for a 45 offset, just to get that little more breathing room
https://youtu.be/scTOqNPzi2M

Spoke to the wheel shop today to get a quote of the sf06
They have said 45offset rear would be better. Hopefully prevent scrubbing when we tow the boat.
Looks like I'm gonna run a Genf1 set up on the tyres.
245/35 front 275/30 rear
I'd beware running 275/35 rear in anything other than a Genf2
Think about it this way, if you had 275/35/r19 to start with, then get 275/35/r20, then you've increased the rolling diameter. I've been told the Genf2 have had the speedo re calculated to allow for it.
Love your car and the way it looks with silver wheels.
Been looking for something to go with the chrome that allows for the big breaks.
We will have twins!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Spoke to the wheel shop today to get a quote of the sf06
They have said 45offset rear would be better. Hopefully prevent scrubbing when we tow the boat.
Looks like I'm gonna run a Genf1 set up on the tyres.
245/35 front 275/30 rear
I'd beware running 275/35 rear in anything other than a Genf2
Think about it this way, if you had 275/35/r19 to start with, then get 275/35/r20, then you've increased the rolling diameter. I've been told the Genf2 have had the speedo re calculated to allow for it.
Love your car and the way it looks with silver wheels.
Been looking for something to go with the chrome that allows for the big breaks.
We will have twins!
45offset should be ace. Mine is fine at 42, as far as I'm aware. But that little extra would be good.

Gen F HSV, be it series 1 or 2 all run 255/35/20 and 275/35/20. It does throw the speedo out, but they're out anyway. Usually they're 3kph out, so 100kph is actually 97kph according to a GPS. However my car is spot on with what the cluster says, so 100kph is 100kph.

I love how the color combo works. Thanks. The plan was always a silver wheel, but had a hard time finding a style/size combo I liked.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
With a 50 offset on a 10 inch rear rim you can run a 285 without rolling and a 295 with the guards rolled without any scrubbing on a lowered car.

As bigjim92 has pointed out the cars come from the factory with about a 3km/h safety margin built in so the manufacturer can avoid litigation in case of speeding fines but if you are concerned about speedo accuracy after you increase or decrease your tyre diameter you can always take it to a tuner with a dyno and Bob’s your uncle. They’ll usually throw in a recalibration with a tune if you ask.

Nice video of your exhaust bigjim92 and the car is looking hot, thumps up. :rockon:

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
With a 50 offset on a 10 inch rear rim you can run a 285 without rolling and a 295 with the guards rolled without any scrubbing on a lowered car.

As bigjim92 has pointed out the cars come from the factory with about a 3km/h safety margin built in so the manufacturer can avoid litigation in case of speeding fines but if you are concerned about speedo accuracy after you increase or decrease your tyre diameter you can always take it to a tuner with a dyno and Bob’s your uncle. They’ll usually throw in a recalibration with a tune if you ask.

Nice video of your exhaust bigjim92 and the car is looking hot, thumps up. :rockon:

Please don't make comments on how to fit bigger tyres :( haha, things will get expensive quick as I already want bigger wheels and tyres.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Went for a bit of a drive today with villn808, by pure luck I managed to come across a nice little spot next to the river for pics :)

Was the first time taking the car out for a proper run since doing the coilovers and the cats, and it was an absolute blast! Loved how the coilovers performed, and the exhaust, well, villn808 was behind me, so he should be able to comment on that one haha

Last edited: