Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfssvredline

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just curious on how to I’d if it’s a true SSV redline
I assume this question has arisen because you're aware that unless you got hold of Holden's original records which says which VIN rolling down the production line was built to what spec level, you have no way of knowing, because a same-year SS-V or SS will have a VIN that matches the same pattern?

If the seller still has the original dealer paperwork, that would be useful.

Other than that, you can't really. However there's not really anything special about a Redline over an SS-V or SS ... if someone has gone to all the effort of fitting all the Redline parts including the suspension, wheels, stereo, brakes, interior trim, flappy-paddles in some models, etc etc, then that car might as well be a Redline from a value point of view, IMHO.

Black Betty SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV commodore
I assume this question has arisen because you're aware that unless you got hold of Holden's original records which says which VIN rolling down the production line was built to what spec level, you have no way of knowing, because a same-year SS-V or SS will have a VIN that matches the same pattern?

If the seller still has the original dealer paperwork, that would be useful.

Other than that, you can't really. However there's not really anything special about a Redline over an SS-V or SS ... if someone has gone to all the effort of fitting all the Redline parts including the suspension, wheels, stereo, brakes, interior trim, flappy-paddles in some models, etc etc, then that car might as well be a Redline from a value point of view, IMHO.
Cheers so there is no way of defying of the vin is that what you saying

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I thought that the Redline does have a specific VIN code… https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/commodore-vin-decoder-vb-to-zb.279978/

13F65B8E-6735-4B22-8C5F-F66CDD007ACB.jpeg